Can't make a hyperlink in Yahoo answers?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

OK I know a lot about links, but somehow I can't make a damn link to turn into a live hyperlink in Yahoo answers! I've done it both ways; just typing in the plain URL, and also using the full a href= code.

None of them work. Do you have to post enough before they let your links be live or something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just type in the plain URL (http://.....). 

When I hit "preview", it turns into a hyperlink. 

Unless something's changed.

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah! this answers  my question i asked you just a minute ago on another forum Marisa.

Thanks smile

2. profile image54
      NY-Injury-Lawyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is an option to add source of your reply.  I think you can add your link

2. Joe8943 profile image64
    Joe8943posted 13 years ago

As long as you include the full address including the http part it will become a link after you submit the answer, it won't show as one while your answering.  I usually include the link in the source box, I'm not sure if the actual answer box creates hyperlinks though.

3. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I have just now been checking there.  The links I posted did not turn into hyperlinks.  But I have seen some other answers (by other people) where they did.  It may be something I did wrong or didn't do.  The information is there, correctly, but it would have to be copied and pasted in order to be used in the address bar.

4. Joe8943 profile image64
    Joe8943posted 13 years ago

The easiest way I always do it to make sure it is correct is to right click the link I want to add and select "copy link location" and then paste that in and that has always worked for me.

5. Bill Manning profile image68

When I type it in and look at it in the preview it shows it as a live hyperlink. But once I hit publish it is not a live one.

I looked at some others I made a long time ago and those are not hyperlinks. Maybe you need to have a high score or be real active to have them go live.

6. Bill Manning profile image68

AH HA!!!! I just found the answer to my own question online. You have to be a level two or higher poster for them to be live!

That is to cut down on the spam posters who never stick around. So now you know, you need to get up to level two to have live hyperlinks. smile

1. profile image0
      sb1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes that is right, you have to be at least level 2 for link to work in your answers.  It's pretty easy to get up to level 2 since there are a lot of questions to answer.

2. viryabo profile image94

Bill, does it say how active we need to be before our links can become 'live'?

Like do we have to answer X number of questions?

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. You get 100 points just for doing your first answer. You get 2 points for each question you answer. You need to have 250 points to be on level 2.

Sooooo, that's 75 answers you need to give before your links are live. It's not really that hard to do. Just do 10 a day and in a week your all set!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Glad you found the solution.  I never had to deal with the problem, because Y!A was my very first venture in interacting on the internet, a few years ago now.  So I "qualified" long before I started thinking about using it for backlinking!

1. viryabo profile image94

That's like sowing a good seed in the past, and reaping it's benefits today. smile

2. viryabo profile image94

Thanks Bill.
          I did notice some points, but i didn't know how they came about.

This can be developed over a period of time. And as i do go in and answer questions now and then, it'll probably add up.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image74
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Careful, if you're using answers for backlinks.  If I remember correctly, they're all nofollowed anyway, and Yahoo doesn't take kindly to constantly plugging links to one domain.

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's true Maddie. But you can get a lot of traffic from them because they are so popular. I only put a link in my answers every 5th one or so.

Plus since I have many websites plus hubs I can have different links all the time so it's not always the same link.

Answer questions that relate to your article or site. That way it really does help and not look like spam. For instance I have some Harry Potter hubs and Orlando tourist site.

So I'm answering Harry Potter questions and theme park one in Orlando. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

That's true. I mainly use it for my websites and swap around between them, with a few Hubs thrown in here and there, so I'm not plugging the same site all the time.

It's important for people to remember that HubPages is one big site - so even if you're swapping around and promoting different Hubs in different answers, you're still promoting the same site and that will trigger their filter.

8. ofmelancholy profile image61
    ofmelancholyposted 13 years ago

promoting in yahoo answers? ı posted a few hub links there they benned me in hours.

1. ofmelancholy profile image61
      ofmelancholyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

banned

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fortunately I got level six on HP several years before I even found hubpages or made my own site.

As long as you put an informative answer and then add one link, instead of just throwing a link up there as an answer you shouldn't have a problem.

I wasn't allowed to post one of my sites anymore in answers for about 24 hours because I'd put it at the bottom of all my posts on related topics. However they only ban you for a short time in my experience, if you're following all the other rules.

1. 49lart profile image66
          49lartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although you only gain 2 points per answer, if it is chosen you receive bonus points.

2. ChristinS profile image40
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you were just posting links to your stuff and not really answering questions without links or participating in a meaningful way, that's why they banned you.  I have used answers to link to relevant hubs, but I link maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 meaningful answers I give there.

9. vydyulashashi profile image57
    vydyulashashiposted 13 years ago

yes even am facing this problem...is it fixed??

1. makingdifferent profile image60
      makingdifferentposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are on level 1 so you can not post a workable link. You have to be on level 2 to be able to post a link that works. Hope this helps!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)