Increase in traffic

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

A little while ago I noticed that one of my 22 hubs, some 2 weeks old, had not received even one google view and that I had 11 of the 22 with no views for the day.

I went through all 22 and changed the summary on many of them and re-did the keywords in the one with no google hits.

In the last 20 minutes my total traffic for the day doubled and instead of 11 with no hits I now have 9 with a red arrow, including the one with a keyword change having 2 arrows

Is this coincidence or did I actually accomplish something?  My daily non-HP views also went up by over 50% in the same period, but I can't really tell if the huge increase is from HP or other.  If I make a change like that does it show up on some HP list I don't know of?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right now, it's just coincidence, but it could accomplish something.  By editing a Hub, you yourself give it page views.  If a Hub has had zero traffic, especially no visits in quite a while, just you visiting it could trigger a red arrow.

However the changes you made could improve the performance of the Hubs in the long run.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose you're right, Relache.  It just startled me to see them go so fast (from 0 views to 10, which is 25% of the "ever" figure for that hub) in those few minutes.  Others, while not as great, also show 6-9 for the day.  The ones that only went up 2 or 3 were probably me changing them, although I THINK I only went to each one once.  Perhaps it gets 2 views, one going into edit and one coming out.

And there I had thought maybe it was a tribe of ghosts, going to buy a fleet of cars through