jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Deleted hub.

1. Jerry Watson profile image79
    Jerry Watsonposted 8 years ago

I signed up and posted a hub titled: Save Energy: Install a Hot Water Heater Timer and it was deleted without any comment that I could find. How would I go about finding out why it was deleted. When I couldn't find out why it was deleted, I looked it over, deleted a picture of a timer I had posted, unchecked the commercial box and the other one next to it ( I forget the name of that box) and republished it. Just would like to know how to find out why a post or hub was deleted for the future.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Save-Energy-Ins … ater-Timer

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I looked at your hub, and I have no idea why it was deleted, but I have noticed that lately, using Firefox, I have accidentally deleted hubs of mine while editing.  I have had to manually undelete.  I don't know if this is what happened, but if there was no "overly promotional" hit or other HP TOS violation, that could be a possible explanation.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

That hub has never been moderated.  You must have deleted it by mistake.

Just a note: we don't delete hubs when they don't meet our standards.  When a hub is flagged, you get an email telling you why, you make changes and submit it for review, and we manually republish it.

4. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

It's worth keeping a copy of all your hubs - you can keep the text in Notepad (many hubbers write their text in Notepad before pasting it into the text capsules).  You can also save a copy of each of your hubs by clicking File - Save As (or Save Page As in Firefox).  If you save as a complete web page it will keep your links and images.

Just in case the worst happens...I have accidentally deleted one of my hubs, but I noticed and undeleted it in time! wink

5. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Jerry, you may have deleted that hub yourself. But it’s good you have asked. The rule of the thumb is: always keep a backup of all your hubs in your hard drive because you do not know about tomorrow.

6. Jerry Watson profile image79
    Jerry Watsonposted 8 years ago

Thanks, everybody, for the responses. It's been my forum experience that rarely, if ever, do posts get a response so I appreciate your quick, succinct ones. I guess I probably did delete but I didn't mean to. I do write my articles with Microsoft Word so it was no big deal to resubmit. I just wondered if Hubpages deleted it, why, and  Maddie answered that admirably.

Best Regards,