jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Foreign Traffic

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

My traffic from other countries is increasing - finally but is there a way to target directly to it?  For instance Canada and Australia have been popular hits for me - it is legal for me to add their country's name as a search term or is that misleading to the SEO?

The Google blogs I presume is where they are picking up my articles.

Would love to see more foreign visitors.

Almost nothing from the middle east - very sad....  And Europe is lagging too .... on LinkedIn those locations abound.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adding tags that are not directly relevant to a Hub's specific content can get that Hub flagged and unpublished as having misleading tags. 

Why would you want to do that?

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't get it, Gma.  Why would you want those countries as tags, just because you're getting visitors from there?

Your tags should be words that people will type into Google to find your Hub.  Period.  Anything else is misleading and will result in some strange results showing up in "related Hubs" etc.

2. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

That's very good for you GmaGoldie. Also, there are a number of hubbers here from outside US who reads and appreciate your work.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Adsense will be targetted, however Amazon and ebay will not.

You may also notice that some countries provide lower value for clicks than others, for instance clicks from india may be worth only a tenth of clicks from the US.

4. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I didn't understand the very fundamentals of the tags.  I greatly appreciate the help.  I feel like I am back in college again with a new language - this can be very complicated to the non-computer person.

That helped me allot.

I must work on my key terms.

Thank you!