jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Another site stealing content - help needed!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've just found another site stealing content from HP. It's getmanymoney.com

I'm a bit baffled because there's no facility to leave comments, no facility to contact the webmaster and - as far as I can see - no ads that work.

So who the %%&^&* can I complain to??  I'm wondering, since there are no ads, why they think they're going to gain.

Edit:  I just found a contact form, so let's see how I go.

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Look up the domain registration, and file a complaint with the ISP who is providing the hosting.  You can also complain to Google, and have their site disbarred from Google's index.

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache. I'll see what response I get from the email then take the next step if necessary.

I've been lucky in the past - they've all either buckled after I sent them the DMCA, or they've had Adsense ads so I've been able to report them to Google.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Just checked it out, and they claim to have adds, they obviously aren't google ads, though.

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The funny thing is, if you click on what look like ads, they just lead you back to the site.  I haven't found one that works yet!

1. Ivorwen profile image84
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay.  Hadn't tried that.  Maybe they can't get anyone to let them sign up?  smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find it mildly amusing that they copied and pasted the articles without checking the links. One of the copied articles contains a link to another hubpages article that you wrote (the helium one). LOL

Good luck getting them removed!

3. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

LMAO at the domain name - getmanymoney! too funny.

Its really only worth your time when the site is risking your ranking or stealing your traffic..my gut says , getmanymoney isnt that big of a threat! How did you even find it?..my search shows the site has been registered for only a couple of days.

When I find someone possibly taking money out of my pocket I reverse their promotion practice and can usually find a personal account, email, facebook etc that has been active in promoting the offending site.

I found no activity at all for the site in question - the "ads" seem to be just filler images from whatever template they lifted..they are probably waiting to gain some age and ranking before adding advertising.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Getmanymoney.com

You Will Not Get Much Money from Stealing Content from legitimate sites!

Shame on You!

And Good On You Google!!

This Thread is posted directly under their homepage reference lol

5. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

Parasites.

One can think its a page from CNN.

working