jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Question

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Ok silly question... but is thee a page on amazon to find out which pages/items are getting the most click throughs? Thanks.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

They do do a top sellers type page, with their top selling items but I don't think thats what you mean is it?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No... I use amazon capsules on most of my hubs and I want to see which hub topics send the most people to amazon.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think amazon gives any kind of information that would mean you could track which hubs send folks to amazon. I don't know if analytics  would be able to give a rough indication or not but I find analytics confusing smile

1. aroberts profile image34
          arobertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Amazon seem to be a bit stingey with the traffic information they allow out as well as the commission rates and caps.

3. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately no...Amazon just wants you to send potential buyers to their site and they can buy anything in the 24 hour period and it will be credited to you.  Sometimes you can see bizarre items in your order list.  Though you can create different tracking ID for amazon store..But to know which hubpages or product is getting you click is not possible

4. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

When you search for related items in the Amazon capsule for keywords associated with products, they bring up the most popular searches.  This essentially is something that is done for you automatically.

If you want to find the most popular items first and then build a hub around it, I would suggest you pick a category from the list and browse what's new or featured.  Invariably what is most popular gets featured first anyway.

However, really, if you are doing a product review, it is better that it was items that you have had personal experience with.  The writing always tells the reader what is genuine because if you believe in something in comes across as such.

I dont know if this is a happy compromise and whether anyone else can add to this debate, it is only by what I have observed, others may think differently smile