jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Address change

1. Ben Peck profile image59
    Ben Peckposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you can change a hubpage address after it has been published.

I have finally come to terms with keywords.  LOL

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No you can't - only the name.

The only option is to copy and paste the content into a new hub.

Remember that any backlinks you've made with the old address will become obsolete.

Ben Peckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you replying

I thought that might be the answer.

Won't I like a bit mad through republishing all the same hubs again. smile

look

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As long as you use keywords for 5-10% of your hub and in your tags you should be ok for low competition subjects or high quality articles.

Ok, thank you.  smile

2. lrohner profile image85
              lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you really and truly serious? You really, really wrote this and put it out there in public without being worried about getting ridiculed? Really?

Read This. It might help--particularly the section on keyword stuffing and density.

Instead of sinking time into stuffing the page with keywords that are meaningless and aren't going to help you, spend the time getting decent backlinks.

Thanks for the comment Irohner.

I have only been on the internet for a couple of months and this is my first experience of this kind of technical application, as such I will undoubtedly make mistakes and ask silly question, this is probably the reason I was not worried about getting ridiculed, because I did not know.

But bare with me, as I am learning all the time. However as there is such a wealth of information available it is taking me a while to get through it all.

This has taught me something, apart from the fact that asking if you can change a hub address is a silly question.

I will try to give you all a rest from my stupidity.

Many thanks : )

1. lrohner profile image85
                  lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ben--My post was not in response to your question. I was responding to what WryLilt wrote to you about stuffing your hubs with 5% to 10% of keywords. Didn't you see where I had included quotes from his/her text so it would be obvious who I was responding to?

She gave some misinformation that you could lead you in the wrong direction, and I felt compelled to respond to her.

Your questions are not silly at all. We've all been where you are and learned by asking questions just like you are doing.

Ok. Thank you for pointing that out. with the reply being under my last message and not being addressed I thought you was replying to me.

Another example of  things being  taken out of context when chatting via text.  It truly is a mine field.

I can certainly  understand why some people get addicted to using LOL and :-) a lot.

Thanks again. :-)

2. 0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may want to explore the option to edit your comments, which is available for a few hours after you have left them. Check out the buttons underneath your posts.

Nice tip. :-)

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

*still shaking my head*

Here's a good hub on the subject from Peter Hoggan. Read it. Twice.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-About-Keyword-Density

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

No, this is not possible.  At the beginning when I was first starting out, many of my hubs were very long in title (this seems to be a developmental thing for many newbies).  In one way this was good because somewhere in the url is the right keywords needed.  I have been slowly going through my hubs and shortening the titles with just the keywords.  It isnt ideal but better than unpublishing and republishing because articles with a history is better than articles without.

working