jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Still confused on RSS Feeds

1. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I have looked at some hubs about RSS feeds, but do not fathom them exactly.

It seems like theirs a lot of steps unless I am overlooking this. This is where your supposed to get your RSS URL from right http://www.feedvalidator.org/ ?

Then a hubber recommended http://www.feedcat.net/ .

So do I first get an RSS url then sign up at feedcat and submit it? The thing that confuses me what do I then do with my RSS Feed capsules. I mean do I have to edit each one of my hubs to get an RSS feed?

I don't know why these confuse me so much. If anyone can provide some easy steps on how to set up RSS feeds to get some traffic and maybe some tips on how good RSS feeds are.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

your overcomplicating...

you already have a working rss feed for al of your hubs - its located on your profile page

then you can do all sorts of complicated things with it- if you want..

Try the intro paragraph of this hub:

where is my rss link

edweirdo (hp writer)has a good intro to rss hubs for hubpage writers also

1. David 470 profile image88
      David 470posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, sort of figured I am over complicating I just hear about all these sites..

3. scarlton profile image71
    scarltonposted 7 years ago

Thanks, sunforged, for your reply it just answered the question I typed in! smile

4. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 7 years ago

Can you do stuff like just make a feed based on some of your hub topics? That would be very neat!

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can. Add a unique tag to all your hubs on a particular topic such as "dogs bb" for a collection of hubs about dogs. Give the tag page a day to update, then go to your unique tag page via the special tag on one of your hubs. Click on the RSS symbol in your browser. You'll be taken to the feed page. Copy the url and then use it to promote your hubs through RSS aggregators.

You can change "hot" to "latest" if you want the feed to update based on new hubs you publish in that category.

1. brettb profile image70
        brettbposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, thanks for that!

That's a pretty neat feature and as a software developer I can see all kinds of possibilities with that!

1. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No probs smile It is certainly very handy!

working