jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Just came accross this Ad Network...

1. W. Christopher profile image74
    W. Christopherposted 7 years ago

http://gumgum.com/

It looks pretty neat!

I think it'd be an awesome addition to HubPages!

What do you all think?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's an interesting idea that would probably encourage hubbers to use more images on their hubs. Looking forward to see what some of the more experienced hubbers say!

2. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I am going to keep an eye on this, would be interested in leveraging this if it lasts!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oli, Gumgum has been going since 2008.  I'm surprised their website is so basic, considering how long it's been around.

I just registered but there's so little explanation of how it works, I'm not sure I feel entirely comfortable using it.

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Similar ad-network : http://www.picapp.com/

David peralty (blogger)reviewed this network in past.

You can only get on the revenue sharing program at picapp if you get more than 100,000 views to your blog per month.

Looks like a good legal source of free images for current affairs or celebrity blogs, though.

2. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is REALLY great.  I've been looking for something just like this.  Thanks so much.

Goodness, does that mean you get 100,000 visitors a month to your blog? 

I had a look at their images.  They are great, but you have to accept their ads if you want to use them.  I'll be sticking with Flickr Advanced Search, thanks!

1. travelespresso profile image82
          travelespressoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wish Marisa!
          No I really like the images.  I didn't spend much more time looking but I've bookmarked it to read when I've woken up properly.  You've obviously read the fineprint - I need to have 100k visitors a month to use the images?

I had trouble using Flickr advanced when I looked for images last week.  As you know I mainly use my own but sometimes I just don't have quite the right thing.

You need to have 100k visitors a month to participate in the revenue sharing. Anyone can use the images, but they will show an ad with the image, which you'll get nothing from.

What was the trouble with Flickr advanced search?  Not returning good results or just not working?

working