jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Free pictures for my hubs?

1. Kathryn S profile image59
    Kathryn Sposted 6 years ago

Where can I find free pictures for my hubs?  Are there some better than others? Thanks!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I produce most of my own, but what I don't take myself usually comes from wikipedia - they have a large collection of public domain photos.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think maybe Wilderness means Wikimedia Commons.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this
      1. getitdone profile image59
        getitdoneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll ditto this. I use them a lot and they are great. I also like to use Flickr for stuff I can't find at sxc. You can search Creative Commons photos on Flickr.

3. chelwig profile image61
      chelwigposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.Jupiterimages.com  I've been using them for years ... royalty free and you'll never ever run out of prospects.  Best of luck.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The images on that site aren't free, they're royalty free. That means you have to buy each photo with an upfront payment, then you can use it as often as you like. I hope you're not just copying them off the site!!

I use Flickr - Advanced Search, then click "Creative Commons" and "for commercial use" at the bottom of the search page. I find I always get a huge selection to choose from.

2. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago
  3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/by-2.0/ Heres the link for flickr CC which getitdone mentioned..bare in mind you must leave a hyperlink to any photos you use from here

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this
      1. How to - Answers profile image86
        How to - Answersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with wilderness it is always best to use your own photos.  I believe it looks better and makes the visitor feel they are  reading something more personal. 

But there are some hubs where I have to use free photos.  I have never used  Creative Commons but will have a look from the comments here it looks a good site to use.    I notice some of your hubs are about shoes and home products.  If you have a digital camera it would be easy enough to take your own photos for these particular hubs.

4. M.s Fowler profile image60
    M.s Fowlerposted 6 years ago

I would suggest google Hubpages lets you use other pictures. As long as you don't copy anybody's work.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean Google images?  That's incorrect.

ALL photos are copyright unless they're specifically labelled otherwise.  Most images you'll find on a Google image search are copyright - you're stealing if you use them.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I usually just go to my web search bar, and type in 'whatever subject or image' and add the phrase, 'public domain photos' at the end.

I take all of my own product photos for my offline business and my Etsy shop, and lots of pix of my cats...but I don't have any photos I've taken of the things I would need to add to my articles, so I just search for public domain photos.

There are a lot out there. Sometimes, there is a person's name as the photographer, so even though you're allowed to use the image, it is best protocol to credit the photographer and the website from which you gleaned the photo.