jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How to Have an Adsense Column starting at the Top Right

1. profile image0
    AnnaFaithposted 7 years ago

I would like to have an adsense ads show up in a column on right of a hub that would start at the top. I've noticed this on some hubs, but don't know how to rearrange my layout to make that happen.

Any advice?

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Make sure the first text capsule has enough text to allow for an ad block to position itself there, and don't have a photo capsule alongside that first text capsule.

1. profile image0
      AnnaFaithposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have no photo capsule, and have been experimenting with length of text, but obviously have not hit on the right length.

Can you please be more specific  as to what is "enough text?"

Thanks

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Currently what you have on "Patron Saint Medals - Symbols of Faith in a Secular World" is not enough.

Enough is not a specific number. There are certain parameters to which the ad placement software (YieldBuild) works to that I don't know. So it's a matter of experimentation.

I will say that your other three hubs have more than enough. If you were to move those images down to the next capsule (or further down, depending on how well it fits) then I'm confident that the ad block will position itself the way you wish to have it.

You might just manage to squeeze in the ad block in "Patron Saint Medals - Symbols of Faith in a Secular World" if you split the following paragraph into two paragraphs:

If it doesn't work you could need an extra sentence or two to make it happen.

1. profile image0

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I appreciate the feedback on my hubs.

What I did with Patron Saint Medals is simply switch around the capsules, so that the longer one on history was first. This immediately created the adsense column I wanted. I added more to the original capsule after I got it into the second position. I like the hub better this way, and it fits in with the rest of what I plan to do with it.

2. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you use the preview feature, you can keep adding text until you finally see an ad block appear where you want it.

1. profile image0

I'll remember that. Thanks.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It seems to work with two rather long paragraphs. I'd say about 75 words each.

4. surf traveler profile image82
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

Great answers to this question. I have photo's in the upper right of most of my hubs, hadn't thought of the adsense placement. Looks like I'll have to tweak a few of the hubs.

5. profile image60
    techno-hubposted 7 years ago

Write first para big..

working