jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Suggestion for the Hubpages

1. Sky321 profile image34
    Sky321posted 6 years ago

Where you can choose Useful, beautiful, awesome, there should be the choice of choosing interesting.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think interesting or unformitve woud be a good option.  people keep choosing "funny" for mine.  So either the options are a little limited, or they are really misunderstanding what I wrote which is mainly 'informational' bit not something most eople would 'use' in their day to day life.

Sky321posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, uninformative.

2. thisisoli profile image56
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i agree!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

What do you mean when you think something is "interesting?"  I'd rather see words that give a more clear opinion or reaction.

Personally, I could do without awesome, as that's rather vague as well.

3. Sky321 profile image34
    Sky321posted 6 years ago

What words would you like to choose from?

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

They are all pretty subject in meaning; I read a hub on anorexia yesterday that I would have classified as beautiful in spite of horrible pictures and subject matter.  A different meaning of the word and I did not click it for fear of misunderstanding.

And as with Relache I find awesome to be of little value; I view it as a two thumbs up instead of one thumb.

Sky321posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe they can be like the report cards from elementary school. Outstanding, satisfactory or unsatisfactory. Lol

5. Sky321 profile image34
    Sky321posted 6 years ago

but on the serious side I think I could choose the word captivating sometimes.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I agree that most of the words are fairly ambiguous, and 'in the eye of the beholder' category, with the exception of 'funny,' which is useful in the case of humorous or satirical hubs.  "Interesting" "Beautiful" "Useful" or "Awesome" are comeplety subjective, however.  One person's 'awesome' might be another's 'yuck!'  Someone's 'useful' might be someone else's 'ho-hum--I already knew that!'  And so forth...

IMO, the simple 'vote up/vote down' buttons are more telling and probably more directly related to the author's score. ... ???

1. thisisoli profile image56

I don't think they really have a huge impact unless there are a large number of individual users voting up or down.

I think teh biggest indicator I have seen is increases or decreases in traffic (Not traffic levels but the changes in traffic levels).

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm...I've seen those increase/decrease in traffic indicators on only a couple of my hubs...interestingly enough, just today, on a hub that had just received a new comment... traffic falling?  Really? 

None of the others have received any further comment action...and are older, yet not one of them has ever had a 'traffic indicator' icon. 

Verrrrrrrryyyyy interesting!

1. thisisoli profile image56

As an example, over christmas one of my hubs jumped from 300 - 400 daily visitors to around 2000 daily visitors. The Hub Score went to the high 90s.

After Christmas it dropped down to around 600-700 and the hub score dropped to the low 60's.

Now the traffic is around a level 700-800 views, and has been for some months, and it has maintained a high 70s score.

I have seen this pattern on several occasions, so I think that my view is correct, however I would always like to see any other points of view on the matter!

working