jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Question on duplicate content

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

I have a few articles on another site that I find a bit wasted there and that I am sure would do better here. I cannot delete them from the other site, as by contract they must stay there but can be re-published elsewhere. I know bringing them here may hurt my score and if they do I will delete them. My question is, per hubpages terms of service it appears that duplicate content is not prohibited but no promotional links must be posted, does this means no amazon or ebay products can be displayed or it simply means you cannot advertise your personal website? thanks for explaining..

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This restriction pertains to "promotional links" such as your own website or affiliate links. On Ebay/Amazon capsules, HubPages gets 40 percent of the page impressions (and any revenue generated through these), and I do not believe that there are any restrictions in that regard.

1. How to - Answers profile image86
        How to - Answersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes alexadry I have the same problem with the Helium site.  Luckily I only posted 4 articles there before I found HubPages.  I know it is my own fault for not reading the Terms and Conditions but it really does annoy me.  The site has stolen my articles even though I did agree to it when I ticked the accept terms and conditions box.

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I'm not quite sure why you would want to repost them here, as you could find yourself competing against your own stuff in the search engines. What you could do is spin the material from the original content into one or more new and unique hubs and use the original content for a backlink (if it's possible).

And you're okay pointing to your own stuff. You are just limited to no more than two links to any one domain per hub. They also frown on repeatedly linking to the same website across several hubs.

3. mdlawyer profile image59
      mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Once I published 17 articels in Hubpages within two days and the same were republished after a day on AC and Busika.  All the articles were flagged as "duplicate" by Hubpages.  On enquiry it was said that after publishing a content in Hubpages, it can be republished elsewhere only after a week