jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

1. topicsofinterest profile image59
    topicsofinterestposted 6 years ago

I created several hub pages that say "Duplicate".  In reviewing them, the ones that say "Duplicate" are exactly like my webpage.  So, I rewrote pages with all new wording and content ONLY for hubpages.  I don't want to be in violation since my items are promotional.  However, even with exclusive content only for hub pages, it still says "duplicate".  Should I do anything or just leave it?

1. Ivorwen profile image83
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How long has the page been rewritten?  I would let it sit for 24 hours, allowing the bots to scan it again, before deciding. 

In my experience, avoiding duplicate content is not that hard.  Most places require at least 30% different from other things online, while some require more.   I have five versions of the same basic article online, of a popular topic, and none of them has had a duplicate problem.

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Maybe it takes a wee while for Hubpages' spiders to update. Well done on the re-writing smile

1. topicsofinterest profile image59
      topicsofinterestposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone.  I just don't want to get in trouble but I really see this as a benefit for my website as far as exposure.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, HubPages linking to your own site can be a great way to increase its exposure.  Google loves HubPages!

However, that's why it's so important not to have exactly the same articles here and on your website. Because HubPages has such a good reputation, Google will choose the HubPages version of the article and ignore your website's version.

Write original articles here and link them back to your site (you can have two links in your text or a RSS feed), and you'll see the benefits.

Word of warning, though - if every single one of your Hubs links back to the same site, that can trigger the "overly promotional" filter. So also write a few Hubs that don't link to your site to balance it out.

3. topicsofinterest profile image59
    topicsofinterestposted 6 years ago

I think you are right because now that some time has passed some of my "duplicate" warnings are disappearing.

4. 0
    Go Writerposted 6 years ago

I found this in one of the moderator's Hub on writing Hub content.

"Outbound links on duplicate content
    The exception to the 2-link rule is when the Hub in question is unoriginal, or duplicated in whole or large part from other sources on the web. Whether or not you own the rights to content..."

You can read the rest here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional

Whenever I have questions, I just contact support. They pointed me to this hub. : )