jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

Get togethers

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I know we hubbers are spread far and wide but I think it would be good if those of us who live close to one another try and get together at least once a year.

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

That is a good idea.  One of my other yahoo groups does that.  I have not been able to attend because of work, but the people who do get together find they have so many things to discuss and a very good time.

3. Susan Ng profile image88
    Susan Ngposted 8 years ago

You know I actually had a dream about this once.  Seriously.  In my dream, I flew off to the "Annual Hubpages Convention" where I talked with Mark Knowles, Misha, and WeddingConsultant.  I must have had Hubpages in the brain that night.  Haha! big_smile

4. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

Thats amazig Susan.You have such a fantastic attachment with hubbers and how far it has gone.You can dream about hubbers and hubpages.

5. LondonDuchess profile image59
    LondonDuchessposted 8 years ago

You need to come to London guys !

What a great reason to come to this special city

Viv

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I agree, that would be a wonderful reason to finally see London smile.

7. robie2 profile image93
    robie2posted 8 years ago

II can see it now-- thousands of Hubbers from all over the world converge on London....delicious!!!

8. LondonDuchess profile image59
    LondonDuchessposted 8 years ago

That`s it then - agreed.

We all meet at the London Eye Sept 2009 ...... ( it has its own Hub so where better ! ) LOL

Viv

9. irene_angelo profile image60
    irene_angeloposted 8 years ago

I am new here, but I would love to join the eyeball. smile

10. Karen and Lesley profile image77
    Karen and Lesleyposted 8 years ago

That sounds like a really good idea.  I imagine there would be some really interesting conversations going on and great friendships made.

11. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Anywhere but London though. Especially in the winter.

12. rmr profile image87
    rmrposted 8 years ago

What could London possibly have, that you couldn't find in Detroit?

1. robie2 profile image93
      robie2posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmmmm London or Detroit--let's see<thinking> oh gosh this is sooooo hard(not) --I say London. Who knows, by September 2009 the dollar may actually be worth something smile  What do you have against London, Mark? I haven't been there in 40 years--just remember nearly getting myself killed crossing streets because I instinctively looked the wrong way LOL

How about New York--midway between California and Europe?

13. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

LOL - Go back and see !

CCTV cameras. $15 for a beer. Full of poor Americans. Yuk!

How about Barcelona?

1. robie2 profile image93
      robie2posted 8 years ago in reply to this

ahhhh I see smile

14. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

Ibiza... so we can sunbathe and party all day long?

15. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

This would be a lot of fun! You could actually have several scattered around the world so everyone could attend! We actually did this in a game site that I play in a lot. We had several people that met for the weekend and we had a blast! There were 8 of us that came but the membership was nothing like HP. There were about 12 of us that planned it so 8 of 12 was a great turnout! Maybe this is something we should seriously consider. It isn't that hard to plan and each region could have their own place to meet. I would be glad to plan one for our area! This was a great idea!

Bonnie

working