jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

An added feature?

1. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Staff,

I have encountered a very time consuming task, for which, a new feature would definitely cut down.

The "Link" capsules allow for you to cut and paste, either URL or Search.

When you click on URL and cut & paste the desired URL into the box and click add.

However, my suggestion(new feature) would be when you click on URL, and then click on the empty white box(where you would cut and paste to), a drop down menu of existing hubs would be accessible(safe to say, alphabetical/ascending order).

I recently did a bunch of hubs(published 5 in the last day) with a lot of links to other hubs for connectivity, however, it took hours, upon hours to do, just 30 hubs with a dozen or so links.

I am just trying to cut down the time it takes to make a hub. It would be so much easier. Even, if the hubs listed were not all hubs, but only related to the topic at hand, then that would be cool too.

Just a thought. wink

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see no real reason why this shouldn't be included. I tend to link to other hubs through inline text links though so it doesn't really affect me.  I can fully see why it would be annoying to cut and paste when trying to build a link module though, compared to selecting sites from a list!

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've also noticed this - sometimes I just want a link in a grey box instead of an intext link that may be overlooked. Also applies when the linked page/site is in the same topic range but actually not directly relevant to the hub topic.

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Consider making a text capsule with the links that you want. Then all you have to do is copy the text capsule, paste it in the new hub, and alter the capsule a little.

If I could, I'd do this, but I have trouble saving text capsules with contextual links.

I just copy all mine links over one by one. I have hubs with several links. They're all hand copied.

There is already a box where you can search for hubs. I'm not sure what order it lists hubs, but there is already a search option within the link capsule that you can use.