jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Any notice a drop in eBay sales?

1. Bendo13 profile image86
    Bendo13posted 6 years ago

Have any of you noticed a drop in the past few months for eBay sales?

For some reason I still get clicks but no sales... I started noticing this a few months ago.

One month I got clicks almost every day but no sales and then *bloop* sales started showing up about mid month and the sales went up and down almost in unison with the clicks.. like they normally do.

But the past couple months it's not registering any sales while I'm still getting clicks almost every day.

Maybe it has to do with how eBay's system's set up?  Because I still pull it GREAT commission every month from Amazon and Google..

Or maybe it has to do with HubPages taking their cut?   Do they do a 60/40 split on eBay earnings too?

Bendo13posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oddly enough my sales are back on normal.... I wonder who or what was responsible for the lapse of two or so months... because now I'm back to almost every day (except one) I get a click through to eBay a sale is made.

Very fishy... I dunno.

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I never could get an account with ebay for some reason... hmmm

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can no longer signup for eBay with hubs.

Really? when did that start?  and why...

So new hubbers can't use eBay but us old hubbers still can?

3. pizerule profile image82
    pizeruleposted 6 years ago

I've done a quick random check of my own stats and can see that my winning bid ratio has dropped for this month but remains fairly steady over the previous few months.

I went back to July '09 to check my Winning Bids / Click ratio to see whether there has been a dramatic drop off. Here are my results (these are for all Campaigns, not just Hubpages)

July 2009 = 1.55%
    October 2009 = 1.60%
    February 2010 = 2.03%
    May 2010 = 1.73%
    June 2010 = 2.14%
    July 2010 = 1.27%

So my ratio of winning bids to No of Clicks is down this month but not significantly lower. I'd suggest it's just one of those fluctuations you get every now and then when your bidders aren't being successful.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Everything is very normal on my end. How is your EPC doing?

For the past two months it's been... wait for it..... 0!

If I go back to May my earnings were only 7 cents per click.. per the 100 clicks I got.

So far this month I have 36 clicks.. no sales.

Last month I had 87 clicks.. no sales.

I did assume that maybe the summer months are bad for online sales but for it to zero out seemed odd when I still make money from the other two.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

My earnings have dropped a little but not significantly.

Baby booming months are from August to November though, followed by Christmas.

6. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Amazon and ClickBank are very slow lately, I guess a lot of folk are on vacation.