jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Please enlighten me...

1. chirls profile image94
    chirlsposted 6 years ago

I'm totally confused as to why some of my hubs get better traffic and comments than others. I'm not very commercially driven, but would like to know if I'm writing articles that people actually enjoy reading.
    I would welcome your comments on how to improve one hub in particular - I really thought this hub would at least start some good discussions, and it hasn't so far. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help,

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I I have noticed some topics perform better than others in terms of internal traffic and comments e.g. make money online, SEO and religion hubs.

As for that hub, it looks great!

3. surf traveler profile image86
    surf travelerposted 6 years ago

Your hub looks great Cheryl. You put a lot of work into it, very informative to the reader. There are enough photos and links as well to external sites that should help it within hubpages for the hubscore. I guess it's just the topic. My two hubs on agriculture don't get as many views as my other hubs. Sigh. I did enjoy the hub and am now a fan.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

It also looks good to me.  I found it to be well written and unusually two sided and informative instead of pushing just one side.  Well done.

On the other hand, I think only experience and luck will tell what hubs might be well received.  My two best hubs, in terms of number of visits and time on site, are what I considered to 2 of my 3 worst hubs.  They are also two of the oldest, though and that probably plays some part.

I don't really think any of your hubs have been around long enough to "age" to the point where you can really tell if successful or not.  Just my 2 cents.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Work on your SEO.

6. chirls profile image94
    chirlsposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some hubbing faux-pas, so I'm feeling a little more encouraged now.

Wilderness, I find that I have the same problem - my most popular hubs are my least favourite!

I guess I'll have to just choose my topics more carefully, work on the SEO and just be patient. Or just deal with low traffic and few comments!

7. Victoria Kaufmann profile image81
    Victoria Kaufmannposted 4 months ago

It is good and well written :-)

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

This is a five year old thread!

8. charlesnuamah profile image86
    charlesnuamahposted 4 months ago