jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A Hub page that needs revision - but doesn't need revision

1. Max Headroom profile image60
    Max Headroomposted 6 years ago

I just recently posted a hub page about electronic cigarettes: <link snipped>. I was asked to revise it because there "an adsense policy violation". So I used the suggest links option, and I found words like "smoking", "smoker", "harmful", etc. that were highlighted. These are important terms that are key to my hub.

I do not understand why I need to make any revisions at all, especially as my hubs are not much different from others on the same topic found on Hubpages, and my previous hubs on the same topic have been published.

What is the best course of action? Anyone? Please?

1. Norah Casey profile image81
      Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In the future, please direct these kinds of questions to our contact form. Linking to a site that contains AdSense policy violations will result in a hub being moderated. I suggest you use the contact form for more detailed information on why your hub was moderated.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I dont get your reasoning as to why the violation doesnt exist and how the suggested links tool is related. (because its not)

I typed two words into google to get your answer and this link:

"adsense ecigarette"

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

the crux: "tobacco related"

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Was this about ecigarettes? They are (rumored, I have not verified this yet) now against Adsense TOS because they are now deemed illegal in several states, this is the same reason that sites such as Amazon have stopped selling them.

The reasoning against them is my opinion absurd, but thats the simple trth of the matter!

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

The odd thing is that there's a host of other Hubs about electronic cigarettes, so there's some inconsistency here?

5. AuthorSteve profile image60
    AuthorSteveposted 6 years ago

In case you have an own blog with adsense you always have to really keep attention not to violate their ToS (no gambling sites, etc.).

So I think that hubpages seems to have installed some kind of "protection" that does not allow hubs related to cigarets, since these could violate the terms of google adsense.

Closed to reply