jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

HELP! I'm confused! About Google Adsense!

1. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

S0 please tell me - all I have to do is put my Google adsense on the affliate setting on Hubpages and put the ad content on high and that's It?

Becuase I tried to put  Adsense script and Google custom search on my Hubpages and it don't work! Do I have to put something on my hubpage to make money with google? Please help!

I started make money right off the back but it hasn't changed in weeks even though - I have over 5k page hits it still has the same number at Google of 2700 at Google adsense my money of $5.11 for all time hasn't changed in weeks. I must've screwed up somehow

I am unable to do the following - do I have to?

Copy the meta tag below, and paste it into your site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.
    <meta name="google-site-verification" content="RbTxtfUacB305gJdYyZo4feEXsUoKQhjttPQI_MUI90" />

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All you do is add your account number in the affiliate settings, hubpages does the rest.

ptosisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah! Thanks!! Google adsense is so involved!!!!! As to why money stopped at 5.11 - - I'll check and make sure it's activated in google adsense?

Anyway it is counting the pages impressions:
        AdSense for Content top channels
                     3,399     11     0.32%     $1.50     $5.11
        hubpages. com     2,802     7     0.25%     $0.63     $1.76

5555    on Google 6201 on Hubpage (expect a lag) I guess I don't right marketable hubs - which is OK. This was an test. I think I go back to writing for associatedcontent.com because I made money (not much).

I want to see if this Hubpage thing will take off  - I was told to wait a few months.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Forget the instructions on Adsense's site.  They're for people who have their own websites.  HubPages is not your website so there is a special way of doing most things.

Paste your Adsense ID into your Affiliate settings on your account page, it gets added to your Hubs automatically.

I recommend you do some reading in the help screens to learn how HubPages works, you'll get on much better.

ptosisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did read it - it's so much information I got lost in the sauce about the whole thing. Thanks for writing you'all!

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Google frowns on the disclosure of Adsense Stats like what you've copied and pasted in your second post in this thread. So much so it's a ToS violation. So please delete it to avoid any icky consequences.