How long to remove an unpublished hub?

1. belief713 profile image78
    belief713posted 8 years ago

I was trying to create a hub, but the url I wanted was already taken. I went to look at the url and was greeted with:

"Sorry, this page is no longer published. If you are the author of this page, sign in and you can edit your hub."

How long does HubPages allow a hub to stay like this before they make the url available for use again?

2. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I think the last time I read something about this, the answer was, pretty much never.

In some cases, the Hub author holding the url is probably just taking forever to write the hub, or if they just unpublished the hub at that link, it takes a couple days for it to clear the delete cache.

1. belief713 profile image78
      belief713posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well that sucks! LOL I think HubPages should add some type of time line to how long you can have an unpublished url. I myself have a few unpublished hubs that I'm working on, so I can understand that. I was thinking it may be a hub that was removed...if that's the case and the author never revises it, does HubPages take the authority to then make the url available eventually? Or is that only if the hubber ultimately gets banned?

I don't want to sit around and wait for the url, so I guess I have to think of another title or url! Thanks gamergirl.