jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Milestone 1 done! Earned $10 Adsense from Hubpages. How can I improve?

1. humagaia profile image69
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

I am over the moon! I just found out that I have achieved my first self-inflicted milestone: $10 adsense revenue from Hubpages. Not a great amount of money but it is a start.
    The good thing is that the majority of the revenue is from high-paying (over $2 each) clicks.
    I am learning all the time how to promote my hubs so with the knowledge that the ads that are being shown on my hubs are worth 'promoting' I can get on and invest some more time into getting those visitor numbers up.
    So far I have had 5,000 reads of which half are from outside of Hubpages. Is that good, bad or average?
    My hubs seem to be well-received by Google as some already appear on the front page for the subject I aimed at, so I am pleased with that.
    Anyway, just wanted to let someone know that I am chuffed to bits!
    Any advice on how to improve visito numbers would be welcome.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 6 years ago in reply to this

nothing. lol. i have no idea how to and i'm on hubpages just because i enjoy writing my thoughts.

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

That is Really Good News.... Well Done  smile

You are now able to nominate your adsense revenue to be donated to the HP Christmas Party Fund for this year. hmm

Good Fun... Good Company... Great Food.. Are All Virtually Guarranteed hmm

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Humagaia!
    Just continue to write quality hubs (as yours are) and the traffic will come (or so I'm told). That and backlinking.

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Well Done, just keep pressing ahead, remember even low clicks help

5. PegCole17 profile image90
    PegCole17posted 6 years ago

That's really encouraging. Congrats!

6. Info Bucket profile image76
    Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

You are very lucky to earn $10 from hubpages. I also made $10 but not from hubs. Congrats.

7. humagaia profile image69
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

Pearldiver - I like the idea of the 'virtual' christmas party. I was not here for the last one. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction for a report on all the festivities, frivolities and feasting - I like to know what I am getting into before I donate.
    IzzyM - I will continue to strive for quality. I will get back to some sense of humour in my hubs shortly but I am testing the waters with some business- and education-oriented hubs at the moment.
    Richieb799 and PegCole17 and InfoBucket - thanks.