jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Layout Question- Two columns with a picture WITHIN a text capsule?

1. 0
    newcapoposted 8 years ago

Hey, I'm a newbie and this question has been on my mind since I published my first hub.

I can't seem to design them so they 'look good', for example, filling up the whole page or positioning pictures properly. I am fairly skilled at html, etc...but I am stumped because html is not allowed within a text capsule, correct?

Here is an example of a hub that looks GREAT, with two columns and pictures positioned perfectly...etc...this is exactly what I'm trying to explain.

Any help is welcomed with open arms.

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You don't need any special programming to use the capsules - they are "point and click".

Have you tried making a capsule half width using the arrows? And then moving it up and down using the arrows?

Darkside's Hub on using capsules is great - there is a link to it in the thread called "Frequently asked questions - read this before you post a question".

3. 0
    newcapoposted 8 years ago

Thank you so much, I'll go check it out right now

4. 0
    Marcy Sposted 8 years ago

I just posted my second hub. I had the hardest time with photos, and ended up with them just plugged in artlessly, with no wraparaound text or placement  in center or sides. I think you probably have to use the capsules that can be moved around to do more, am I right? rather than the ones that you can only move up and down or make bigger and smaller.

Next time. I'm not going to putz around with this one anymore, since I spent a good three hours on it--AND it was already done, since I originally put it up on my own blog. I figured that would be an easier way for my second, hopefully somewhat more advanced than my first, hub. I gotta say, I find working with capsules extremely tedious and time-consuming. And I don't like the way it ends up with a lot of ads sometimes breaking things up, not how I would want them.

5. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

All capsules can only be moved up and down or made half-width.

Every gorgeous layout you have ever seen on any Hub has been made using the little green arrows - up, down, float right, and full width.

The ads are put where they are because that is where they make the most money. Once you understand how they are placed, you can allow for them in planning your layout.

There is only one aspect of their placement that really causes layout problems, and you can avoid that aspect by making sure your first text capsule has lots and lots of text.