jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Freedom Of Speech

1. Sassypoetic profile image61
    Sassypoeticposted 6 years ago

I'm very happy and most pleased to see the many faces from all walks of life. Reading commemts from others and acknowledging the true freedom of speech, really overpowers my soul, I'll continue to remain a humble person that's sound in mind.. No matter what disagreement comes my way... For everyone who have kindly welcome me to the hubpage family.. I send my sincere thanks

2. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Here here. I sense that Hubpages is evolving as more and more voices are heard and people truly express themselves.

1. katiem2 profile image59
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice to meet your Sassypoetic, Best Wishes and Much Success, Katie

3. humagaia profile image70
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

There is no freedom of speech unless there is freedom to speak. Hubpages allows expression in words and images within the bounds of decency and family values. That is the freedom that empowers us. Only other hubbers try to place limiting factors on what is said and done here, particularly those in the religion and politics forums when something that does not fit with their world view is said. Fortunately they have no say at HubPages as the owners are tolerant of comment but intolerant of censorship.
    Since our thoughts cannot be censored why should the verbalisation of those thoughts be censored? Freedom of speech is only bettered by freedom to speak (unfettered).