jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Yahoo search vs. Google search results.

1. Csanad profile image54
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

Do you have any hubs where your Yahoo search traffic is more that all the Google searches combined (thats Google with different domains (TLDs))? I have a few, although not many.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No mine are all at least 60-80% google...

2. 0
      Charlinexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am still new here. I have more google.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

A couple of my Hubs have that, will most likely flick over to Google more as the Hubs mature.

1. infomanic profile image60
      infomanicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have more from google, but recenlty I got some from yahoo.

3. vaguesan profile image83
    vaguesanposted 6 years ago

I had one hub that had an explosion of Yahoo search traffic for a week soon after it was published, and then it completely tanked and now gets a piddly 2-3 views from google.

I wish I could figure out what happened.

Csanadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess some new competing article got published for that keyword. Play around with keywords, and try to change them.

4. climberjames profile image60
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

Mainly Google for me . . .

5. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

Not had it with hubs, but I have had that with a website of mine for a while. It has been 2nd position for a fairly high traffic keyword in yahoo for ages, and I've only just recently got as high as the 2nd page on google.

6. Daisydot profile image61
    Daisydotposted 6 years ago

I have one hub where the Yahoo traffic is ten times greater than the Google traffic.

Yahoo is easy to rank in if you get the on-page seo right - keywords in title and url, plus in the intro. Google demands backlinks, so it takes longer to rank there. As for Bing - they only seem to go for mature pages with lots of backlinks.

The above is just my experience of course

Csanadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great info. Thank you.

2. Neil Ashworth profile image61
      Neil Ashworthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good advice - msn is similar but when backlinking stick with one main keyword instead of a variation which Google likes.

So, if you're hub is about "golf shoes" then the url should be exactly that, the title, initial paragraph and also your backlink strategy. MSN might seem like a poor relation but for high traffic keywords and this approach it can still bring in some good traffic.

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Google by far, Google give me around 80% of my traffic, and Google UK gives me more than Yahoo and MSN combined.