jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Hubber Feedback capsule

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

This idea sprang out of GmaGoldie's thread about Kudos to editors.

How about having a new capsule specifically for Hubbers to post comments regarding typos, spelling or grammar mistakes, suggestions for improving the Hub, or corrections?  I'll call it a "feedback capsule" for now, but I'm sure we could think of a better name.

In this capsule, comments would always be held for moderation, and would never appear on the Hub for all to read. 

The advantages are:

1.  Hubbers sometimes hesitate to offer corrections in case they're not appreciated.  The new capsule would solve that problem - if there's a feedback capsule on the Hub, you know that Hubber is inviting advice and suggestions. If there isn't, keep it to yourself!

2.  Hubbers don't want to message other Hubbers with corrections, because it reveals their email address.  The feedback capsule provides a way around that.

3.  As Gma suggested, it would give another opportunity for Kudos - people who were active in posting to the feedback capsules could get Editing Kudos.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I approve this message smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Excellent idea, Marissa! I'd like that one.

(but I'm not in charge or the one trying to invent the function.)

3. sriparna profile image88
    sriparnaposted 6 years ago

It will be really great to give and receive honest feedback to and from other hubbers respectively, yet not get displayed. That will improve the quality of hubs, no doubt.
    I really love the features of hubpages.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Great idea, Marisa!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not really my idea, it kinda emerged from the other thread!

5. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I think it's a fantastic idea!

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Three thumbs up. Oh whoops my big toe isn't a thumb.

Yes I'd love this feature - I might get a chance to hear what some of the "pro" hubbers think of some of my hubs... or maybe I don't want to. smile

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

As long as it's optional, I don't care.

7. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I really like this.  I really like the fact that it provides a way for each Hubber to communicate (by the presence or absence of the capsule) how receptive they would be to editing/proofreading comments, and I like the fact that the comments would never appear for all to read.  This has a lot of potential!