jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (24 posts)

Woohooooo

1. Spacey Gracey profile image72
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

20,000 views. Took three monthe to get the first 10k, then three weeks to get the next.

No more traffic celebrations until 100k now I promise.... well maybe 50k, depends if I need the lift.

1. Dobson profile image82
      Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do you think made the increase? Congratulations, by the way!

2. elayne001 profile image52
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Congrats to you - celebrate while you can - enjoy the journey. You been working hard.

3. lorlie6 profile image87
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Wonderful job, Spacey Gracey!
    smile

4. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Wow! That's great news, you've done really well and in only 3 months - I don't know how you did it!  Congrats smile

5. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

That's fantastic news.  Congratulations.

6. tjhooper profile image69
    tjhooperposted 6 years ago

congratulations!!

7. humagaia profile image70
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

Woooooh, I was going to post that I had just reached 5,000 views in 3 months but your achievement trumps that by a long way. Congratulations! I will now go away and sulk for the rest of the day.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image72

humagaia - you still must post and celebrate your 5k - we are all on different journeys so we cannot compare our milestones.

Polly C - my fingers are just short bloody stumps from the typing now smile

Everyone else - thanks for the congratulations. Having a good month on Amazon too so I am feeling the HP love right now.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

fingers are bloody stumps? wait until you start typing with just the elbows wink

1. Spacey Gracey profile image72
        Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its not the pain that bothers me Jase - its just a real nuisance to keep wiping the bits of flesh off the keyboard smile

I feel Gracey, that after enough Hubs, promotion, time, and sufficient income, we will be able to hire someone to wipe away the zombie bits.

Also, I did forget to mention congrats on your journey thus far.

I have noticed that after 6 weeks to get 1,000 views, it's only taking half that time to get to 2,000 and hopefully around the same time as your self to get to 10,000.

I am going back to read your hubs as I see you have 2 degree's, one in business and one in domestic engineering big_smile

9. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

Well done!

10. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Very well done, not reached that figure yet in my over 3 months journey now...

But I know that I will very soon...

11. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

good job...

12. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

always a pleasure to celebrate a great achievment very well done.

13. Spacey Gracey profile image72

Thanks Joy.

Jase 'domestic engineering?' - do you mean cooking, cleaning, and trying to stop my kids killing each other? I also have a diploma in insurance - I never know whether to be proud of completing it, or desperately embarassed that I gave in to my boss and studied it at all :. Your traffic pattern sounds very similar to mine. I post my traffic onto my profile page at the end of each month. I have noticed also that the traffic is getting much more profitable. Don't really understand why as I never got many HP views, it has been mostly search engine traffic for the last two months, but definitely in the last 3 weeks that traffic has been making more money, which is nice.

Yeah Gracey, I do mean cooking, cleaning, and trying to stop my kids killing each other. Yep, the traffic is increasing, but my clicks are not yet.....

Are you getting these views from natural traffic or with backlinking as well?

14. Spacey Gracey profile image72

I do a little baclinking. All my hubs go onto about 10 social b/marking sites, and I'll give hubs an occasional boost by puting a link on Triond, Snipsly or Squidoo.

The massive boost has happened by abandoning all the hours I spent doing keyword research and just thinking about what stuff people might be looking for, checking the top 10 results on Google and just going for it. Some hubs took off, some died on their arses. Most are not evergreen, but they take hardly any time to research and write, and I'm enjoying it a lot more that way.

15. katiem2 profile image62
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

You rock on girl!  Congrats, I love hearing about you success's and many Many MANY more!  smile

16. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Good job Spacey! smile

17. Spacey Gracey profile image72

Katie - I love hearing about my successes too big_smile - and thanks for your kind Fan Mail. I am loving the ego-stroking I am getting tofay.

Hey Cagsil - thanks mate and I couldn't have done it without you teaching me how to do smileys cool

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't necessarily think teaching you how to smiles, has anything to do with your traffic success. lol lol lol

But, thank you kindly. wink

18. Spacey Gracey profile image72

But maybe I never would've had the determination to keep writing hubs when I was getting no views, if I didn't have the forums to hang out in, and smileys to put on my threads.

I see we have upset the HubMasters as our HubScores have dropped. I am trying not to care, as I silently weep to myself tongue

working