google adwords

1. Little Nell profile image78
    Little Nellposted 6 years ago

I have had my adwords account suspended due to illicit clicking though we do not know who was doing this. Never had a payout ever.  However though this was months ago adwords are still on my hubpages and I cannot suspend the account.  Don't want to provide free advertising for Google, and presumably advertisers are still paying for clicks from my site and Google are pocketing the revenue.  Complained to Google but with no response.  Oh, and the advertisements do not relate to my hubpages and are mostly adult in content,  some extremely offensive.  I only got adult content after my account was suspended. 

Anyone else had this problem?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mean your adsense account was suspended? Sorry to hear that. We have to be careful about telling our friends about our hubs because they often think that clicking on ads will help us, when in fact it has the opposite effect. Don't know if this is what happened with you?

If your hubs are non commercial you can reduce the number of ads showing by going into edit mode and changing the ad level settings and unchecking the "this hub is commercial" box. You should be able to remove your adsense id in your affiliate settings as well:

Any money generated from clicks on your adsense ads on your hubs would go to hubpages. But yes, google will be earning from advertisers.

I can't see adult ads on your pages. Google ads are targeted to what users on your computer have been searching for previously, so maybe someone using your pc has been searching for adult stuff?

2. Little Nell profile image78
    Little Nellposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your advice.  I have now suceeded in removing adwords from all my hubs.  Still waiting for a verdict from Google about our appeal - it's must be sixth months at least since we appealed.