jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Question on Amazon commissions

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I'm on the Performance Fee Structure with Amazon, and am at the 6.5% mark right now. I sold an Apple iPod the other day for roughly $350.00. It just shipped and showed up in my Earnings with only a 4% commmission. I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Consumer electronics are capped at a 4% flat fee.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/associates/2010/fixedratetable050110._V212685010_.jpg

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Can you tell I don't sell many electronics? smile

SF, I searched through Amazon's help for that, but guess I didn't scroll down the page far enough.

Thanks guys!

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Its on the performance fee structure page rather than the help files.

the 4% cap Is the primary reason I focus on ebay for newer electronics .. averaging 8-10% there

Congrats though, still a nice commission and a good overall sales volume if your at 6.5% also

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I've got maybe 7 or 8 hubs driving my Amazon sales, and the lowest I've ever finished out in my worst month is at 6.0%. But like I said, a good chunk of the stuff I sell has nothing to do with what I wrote about. How reading about immersion blenders prompted someone to purchase a $350 iWhatever is totally beyond me. smile

6. kirstenblog profile image75
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

They have recently changed the commission for like ebooks (maybe other things too). I managed 2 ebook sales for kindle and should be getting a commission for that, not sure how that works tho. I did not expect any commission when I first saw the sales so am not overly bothered to go reading when the earnings clear and if the commission is a set one. It is still a welcome change, lets hope they make more changed over time that are good for us affiliates smile

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know there is 0 commission on ebooks.

1. girly_girl09 profile image68
        girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

After they lowered the commissions on the Kindle device (booo...that hurt!) they changed kindle books to 10%, as opposed to 0. Whenever I sell kindle books these days, they "ship out" the same day and you should receive the commission under earnings the same day the order is made.

working