jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Acne treatment hub

1. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

This is my first attempt to make a hub around products.  I have tried to give some background to topical treatments and recommended three products I use myself.  I would really appreciate any feedback on this hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Choosing-a-Topi … -Treatment

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well your pretty much hit the nail on the head Psycheskinner. You have a simple easy set up, product to the right and description to the left.

One issue you might have is you link the names to wikipedia pages. Like example:

"[Salicylic acid] is derived from willow bark."

Sure, the wikipedia link about salicylic acid is helpful yes, but it might detour people from clicking on your product. If your trying to make a sale, by all means try to get people to click on the item.

Other then that it seems to me to be a great hub!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Nice, Psycheskinner! I particularly like the way you lend personal recommendations. Very nice touch.

Just think about this (and trust me, I wouldn't say this to many folks cuz they would go totally overboard)--I think you need a better lede. I'm not fond of product hubs that start out with "When I was three years old, my mother fed me fish sticks and I love them even today." But in your case, your intro may be a bit TOO informative and clinical. You seriously need to try to convey some kind of emotional benefit to the reader to hook them, and the intro is a good place to start. Keep it short and sweet though. Maybe something along the lines of "Getting rid of pimples doesn't need to cost a gazillion dollars" or something like that. IDK, my brain is shot, but you get the idea.

(And one tiny typo in graf 2.)

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Overall, I like it.  Well written, with good information.  Only a few complaints:

I didn't like the links to wiki, either.

I don't like the google ad under the "Peeling agents" sentence; it was a little confusing to be in the middle like that.  Can you get it to move up some?  Maybe another capsule?

"Rerinoids increase the rate..." - check spelling

"Benzoyl peroxideis a commonly used peeling agent"  check spacing

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for all your input!  I will be sure to use it when I revise this later today.  I was not sure how to balance the information with personal recommendations and experience, so it may have come out a bit 'uneven'.