jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Hubs and Traffic seasonality

1. ramkkasturi profile image60
    ramkkasturiposted 6 years ago

Do you notice any seasonality in the traffic to hubs? Do people reduce the time spent on hubs in summer?

1. mailxpress profile image74
      mailxpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

From my personal experience yes, I do notice a decrease in traffic to my Hubs and blogs.  Each week I've started to write about many different topics which fit each season.  I've noticed this year my traffic stayed stabilized more so than last year.  When I first started to write I wrote about one specific niche and now write about many different topics.  For example I created a Hub today about lettuce and almost finished creating a blog about lettuce.  Timeless writing which will help my traffic come steady each month over time.

2. talfonso profile image89
      talfonsoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It all depends on how deciduous (seasonal) or evergreen my Hubs are. Obviously, the latter types get near-constant views year-round. Maybe people are taking a break from reading all the Hubs and what not, perhaps?

3. robertmay profile image60
      robertmayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is something that I have been considering as well.  I plan to track traffic across seasons, but also across days of the week and times of the day I think

2. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

I do as well. I put it down to what people are thinking about and doing at different times of the year. Some topics are really Summer ones, and others Winter. Some are all year round ones. I suppose the best thing to do is have a mixture of these to get constant traffic. :-)

3. snagerries profile image74
    snagerriesposted 6 years ago

I dont think it should make much of a difference..

1. Dobson profile image82
      Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But it does make quite a bit of difference, sespecially when trying to attract Google or other search Engine traffic. People will only search for what interests them at that particular moment.

4. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

I tend to get more in the summer because I have so many gardening hubs. I need to work on that, since Christmas is the time of year when people are really opening up their wallets!

5. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

It all depends on the products you are promoting and the keywords you are targeting. Google trends gives some interesting data about seasonality. The link below compares the search volume of two keyphrases, nile cruise and caribean cruiise-

http://www.google.com/trends?q=nile+cru … amp;sort=0

6. MyMastiffPuppies profile image74
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 5 years ago

I have only been with HubPages for 9 months but I think it does have seasons. I think as long as you write accordingly, you should be fine. I am curious to see how my 2nd Christmas season does. Peter Hoggan had a great suggestion, it is an awesome tool!