jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

When can we expect the next contest after Hubbalicious?

1. sriparna profile image89
    sriparnaposted 6 years ago

When I had joined hubpages in June, a lot of excitement was going on about reading and writing hubs on Food. So, I am dying to know how often do we have contests? When will the next contest on hubpages be? Thanks in advance.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Ono... Did you miss last week's one? hmm

Maybe you can still get an entry in when you post the $10 for the Xmas Party! hmm

We had to write a paragraph on why we would like to win a $100 for Christmas.... Attach a payment of $10 and post to our nominated Elf.
    Actually, come to think of it... we haven't seen that Elf for a Few Days!! yikes

Maybe you are the lucky one, missing out anyway? hmm

Welcome to HP btw smile

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

When the March contest was launched, I believe Jason said HubPages was going to try to have a contest quarterly.  I'm not sure what the schedule was prior, but March 2010 was the first contest I was aware of, after joining in Aug 09.

1. Whitney05 profile image68
      Whitney05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope. Not the first contest. It was like the third I believe. HubLove Contest was awesome; loads of work though; the contest before that was before my times.

But, yes Jason said quarterly. With one in March, one in June, I would assume the next around September... Maybe

Denise Handlon, they will announce it in the 'Official HubPages Announcements' Section. It will more than likely also become a sticky on the main forum page.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good guess.  Keep your eyes peeled...

2. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I meant March was the first contest since I joined.  I was aware that there were other contests from reading one of Chuck's hubs. 

The announce will again likely be at the top of our "my account" page too.

4. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I'm so 'lost' about the contests.  LOL.  I just don't 'get' where to look for the announcements for the next one.  Can anyone 'clue me in'?  Thanks...

5. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

We'll all have to watch together - I look forward to another contest but one that is not about food! I think I almost crashed and burned with food although I have made a miraculous recovery and can now write about food without shuddering! Welcome to HP as well!

6. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Thanks, Akirchner.  I get you about the food contest, LOL.