jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Link suggestions

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago

Hello again, everyone--

New question...apparently, as I understand it, you gain score credits for linking to other hubs, and sometimes to one or two of your own from within an article, if the linked-to hub is relevant to something in the current article.

Now, when I clicked on the 'suggest links' feature, it 'highlighted' all kinds of words in my article EXCEPT the very word which I wished to use to make just such a link to one of my other articles... (and I've had my own stuff show up plenty of times in the past using this...) 

The question, then, is HOW do I get THAT WORD to link to the article in question, since it did not highlight in the 'suggested links' utility.???  Is it even possible??

Thanks much.

1. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could do it the old fashioned way through the text capsule.

2. cocopreme profile image91
    cocopremeposted 7 years ago

You don't have to use the "suggest link" function.  Since you already seem to know what hub you want to link to, just insert a link in edit mode.

DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok--thanks!  ;-)

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Edit your hub.

Edit the text capsule containing the word you want to use for a link.

block in the word

At the top of the edit block for the capsule will appear some options.  Click the one that looks like a chain link.

Fill in the appropriate box, either with a URL or with the name of your hub you want to link to.

Be sure to check out the advanced options.

Save

ohhhh... ok, thanks, wilderness.  I did not realize that was possible.  Thank you so much.  ;-)  Bright feathery blessings to you!  ;-)

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

4. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

If you highlight the word/phrase you would like to link from it goes green and then you can create the link in the normal way. I only just worked this out the other day smile

superdeluxe!  thanks, everyone!  I got it to work!  YAY!!  ;-)

working