jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

what fellow hubbers wish to see

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i'm sure many of you know me from the few times i've dared to venture into the forums. i've been away for about a week and just noticed that my hubs have been viewed 1000 times. i never thought i would hit such a mark. but i never took writing on here seriously either. since coming to hubpages i've found a window to paint whatever i feel like painting with the power of my words. i've posted hubs ranging from poetry to informative articles. i would like to know what all of you want to read about. give me an idea what you want and i will spend the next couple of weeks writing better hubs than what i have so far. if you want to view my hubs so much at least tell me how i can make them more interesting to you and what you want to see more of-or less of.
    have fun and be creative,

1. 0
      kellieshellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Im not sure what i want to read about but i think something different than everyone else. something that your heart desires or something that boggles the mind. I cant give you a topic because im having trouble coming up with my next topic. there are a lot of people in here im sure what ever you write will catch someones attention. now im fixin to go read your other hubs.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Lecie smile I would suggest using the 'Idea Bank' found in your 'my account' tab or get inspiration from the 'Answers' tab, also...inspiration may come from a title off the forums too! big_smile

1. katiem2 profile image61
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great advice Dame big_smile

3. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

thanks for the advice but i have plenty of ideas to write about. the trouble is, i don't know if they're good enough or what hubbers really want to see from me. i would like to know what hubbers prefer. do they like my informative articles, poems or short stories best? maybe they don't really like any of them and wish me to write in a new direction. i want to please the hubbers that have been kind enough to view my hubs 1000 times. so i was hoping to start hearing some feedback from everyone telling me what they want to read on my pages. judging by so few responses here i guess it's not that important to anyone. thanks for your comments thus far. sorry to have bothered anyone.

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Write for yourself, and your readers will love it.  What I mean is write what you love and people will sense it in your words.  Find your 'voice,' it's a fun process! smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lecie, what you write depends what YOU want to get from HubPages.

Are you here to make money?  If so, stop thinking about what other Hubbers want to read.  You do not make any money from Hubbers reading your Hubs. You make money when other people find your Hubs using search engines like Google.

So if your goal is to earn income, think about what kind of subjects people search for on Google, and write about those.  If you write good Hubs, other Hubbers will enjoy them, too.

Maybe you have a hobby you're good at, or something you collect?  Or you live in, or have travelled around, an interesting part of the world? 

If you want to know whether you're on the right track, post one or two of your Hubs in this thread.

4. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Lecie, why are you asking what other hubbers want to see you write? Surely your targeted audience come from the search engines?
    Congrats on your 1000 views. Did ALL of them come from Hubpages?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with IzzyM. 80% of my views come from google and yahoo. You should be learning about keyword research (check out hubs by Mark Knowles and Darkside). Do you have your affiliates set up to make money from ad clicks?

To check if you've been getting views from hubpages or google, go into your highest viewed hubs and click on "stats". smile

5. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

Lecie - Welcome as well and be careful what you ask for on here! There are some hubbers (trolls and bullies) who love to come jumping down your throat if given the opportunity so take the nice and polite hints and kudos and then write what you feel.  Peppered with looking at the idea bank and looking at search engine front runners, you'll have a winning combination!

6. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Welcome back and take the advice you have been given above by your fellow hubbers. I do wish you well and God Bless!