jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I have a quick backlink question . . .

1. climberjames profile image61
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

Hi, I have tried to search for an answer to this both on HP and via Google with no luck.

Will inserting my URL tracker into my HP article URL have a negative impact when backlinking? I mean does it really matter?

The idea being I always want to insert my tracker but dont want this to damage backlinks?

Thanks smile

1. MartyWare profile image61
      MartyWareposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In SEO you have quite a few different links. These can be follow links and no follow.  Google spiders that crawl webpages do not follow these back to the source, so they have no power so to speak.  Yahoo and Bing do follow these apparently.
      Anyway,,,if you have too many links like trackers and affiliate links on one page Google will penalize you for this, so keep it to a minimum and everything will be fine.
      I hope this answers the question.
      Marty Ware
      The SEO DAD & The creator of the Hubpages Tribe!

1. sunforged profile image69
        sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It didnt

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Paul Deeds says:

Links with trackers in them actually redirect (301) to the URL without the tracker.  I believe search engines will still count links that redirect as a vote for the final page, but they probably discount the weight of vote somewhat.

I use them. I wouldn't use them for social bookmarking sites, but certainly on other sites that you control or own.

1. climberjames profile image61
      climberjamesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks darkside! I need to go and make some changes on Xomba . . . .

2. Neil Ashworth profile image61
      Neil Ashworthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good advice.