jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Amazon and Kontera

1. profile image0
    Tina Trueloveposted 6 years ago

Thanks to another Hubber in Austrlia, I now have my Adsense account showing as active.  However I still can not understand how to get my Amazon and Kontera accounts status from "set" to "active".  Help?

2. liljen23 profile image81
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Tina, once you put your amazon and kontera id in and click ok it should update within seconds saying it is active. It provides the instructions for both amazon and kontera.. smile

1. profile image0
      Tina Trueloveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I put my id in and the status reads "set" but not active.  Nothing else happened.  I don't know what I did wrong.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well mine says 'set' and I earn from Amazon.....

1. profile image0

Really?  and you don't have another blog or account from which the funds might be coming?

1. profile image0

No, 'set' is all that it needs to say.... I sell enough Amazon items not be mistaken with regards to the source of the traffic. In other words, if I write a hubpage about hamster cages and then sell hamster cages, I can be more than confident that my Amazon affiliate settings just need to say 'set'. I also use completely seperate tracker IDs for my blogs.

1. profile image0

OK, well then maybe my account is working and I just haven't made any referral sells?  I have 48 hubs and my hubscores are pretty good.  I am new with Hubpages.  How long does it take to start seeing results?

1. profile image0

It could be quite some time with the type of hubs that you have. If you look at my latest 6 hubpage titles, you can see that 3 are set up to sell Amazon products.

If you look at my 12 latest, 7 are set up to generate Amazon sales. For example "Where To Buy BioFreeze" is naturally going to attract people who are actively looking to buy Biofreeze.

I am up to around 60 items per month, but I would say that 45 of those are items that I have specifically attempted to sell. I also get around 15000 page views per day...

2. profile image0

You should also bear in mind that the opposite to 'set' is 'not set'.

1. profile image0

Yes, I thought "set" was all it needed to say, but then I noticed that my Adsense account status changed to "active" once I went into my Adsense account and added the channel manually.  So, it  made sense to me that perhaps the Amazon and Kontera statuses should be "active" as well in order to generate revenue.  I did contact Amazon today and they told me that they were not showing links through Hubpages and that I needed to submit pages to them for approval.  That is why I am asking.

1. pauldeeds profile image
                pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

'Set' is all it needs to say.  AdSense says Active because it's done through an API and we can be sure that it is configured correctly.  With the other affiliate options there is no way for us to confirm that you've entered the right value -- 'Set' simply means that we're putting the value you've entered into your hubs.

1. profile image0

Thank you PaulDeeds.  I see your title reads Hubpage Staff.  I was wondering how we newbies with questions might hear from a staffer.  Thank you so much.  So, is there a reason, then, that I don't see Kontera text links on my hubs?

1. profile image0

You only see Kontera ads when logged out, and that includes any other hubbers pages too.

3. Adeboun profile image61
    Adebounposted 6 years ago

what is a Kontera?? I don't understand that at all..sad

1. profile image0

If you sign up with them, they place text links within your articles based upon the content of the article.  I am new at all of this too, but it seems to work similar to Adsense.  I have successfully linked Kontera to my personal blog and have already begun to generate income after about 2 days or so.  Go to www.Kontera.com and check it out. It is free and easy to use.

1. Adeboun profile image61
        Adebounposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you smile

1. profile image0

No problem.

working