jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

starting a hub

1. 61
    hudwriterposted 6 years ago

While trying to start my first hub I am stopped each time at the web address box. It tells me to correct errors like no forward slashes. Yet the illustration has forward slashes and periods. And if I take the forward slashes out it tells me that is incorrect too.
    What am I doing wrong?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just type in your title and it will automatically be replicated in the url box with - hyphens instead of spaces. It also automatically gets added to the first part of the url which is hubpages.com/hub/ (you don't need to type that part in).

1. 61
        Genies gossipposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Susanna, please I am also trying to write my hub, but it seems to only want to take my title,,,? Then I can' t type onto the paragraph below,,thanks if you can help xo Genie

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To start a hub:

Type in your title

Choose the most relevant category

Choose a layout

Add a minimum of two tags

Click continue

This takes you into edit mode for the hub.

Open the first text capsule by clicking edit and start typing

Click save

When you're finished writing either click publish or save unpublished if you're not finished yet.

2. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You must give your hub a title, which creates the URL at the same time.
      You do not put them in, the URL is already being made, as you type in the title.
      You should type in a sentence with only using spaces, just like you would type one here in the forums.

It is the title of the hub. You can add an exclamation point or question mark at the end, but cannot put weird symbols in title.