jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I Get to Write About Guitars!

1. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 6 years ago

Howdy Folks,

I am very excited to share my latest step up the writing ladder. After following the advice given on this forum to look for other ways to get paid to write, I starting saving sites for freelance writers, in to a folder on my computer. One such site regularly posts jobs and descriptions about what to expect from different freelance writing sites. Especially important to me was the "beginners" tips the forum members shared.

I have thus far obtained 3 acceptances at paying sites as an independent contractor/writer, which of course delights me. I then thought how nice it would be to obtain a private client.

By chance a potential client posted that he was looking for writers for his guitar site. I applied right away and after writing a preassigned sample piece,I was overjoyed to receive an e-mail asking me to call to talk about the position.

Long story short, I was just hired to write about everything guitars for a site that offers guitar lessons. An added bonus is I get to try out the site as well. I want to become an affiliate of the site and can't wait until I get my personal website together and receive my first affiliate fee.

From here on out, don't be surprise if you see a lot more music related hubs from me. I have a feeling I will have plenty to write about. (smile)

Thanks for letting me share my good news with you and thanks again everyone for guiding me down the right path.

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image82
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

I've got one word, AWESOME! It's cool you get to write about guitars. I love to hear when someone has found something to do that they enjoy, and actually get paid for it!

3. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

That's really cool. After reading that I have started having a look online to see if I can see any freelance writing jobs. I don't know why I've never thought of that before.

Congrats to you though!

4. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 6 years ago

Hello Wayne and jenblacksheep! Nice to meet you both and thanks for the congrats.

jen, if I can be of any assistance, please drop me an e-mail. If it were not for the kindness of others, I wouldn't be where I am now, I have no problem sharing my info with my fellow hubbers.

I plan to write about it in detail, when I have the time.

Wayne I have played the guitar since I was a teenager, not that I'm that good, just that I like to play. wink It is fun to write about a subject I am so interested in.