I applied to Ebay and followed the instructions to validate my own domain. But no matter what the ebay site doesn't seem to detct and validate them. Any tips?
You need to go to the affiliate settings page of your HubPages account, enter your EBay affiliate ID there, and click the "confirm domain" button next to it.
If you tell us the steps you've taken, we might be able to spot where you went wrong?
I think that most people who got an Ebay Partner Account solely through applying via HubPages was that long ago that we've forgotten how it was done.
The system is different now. If you can figure it out be sure to take screenshots along the way and publish a hub on it!
The way I understand it is that if you do not have your own domain, you may not be accepted and even though you try to 'validate' it, it doesn't work. That is what happened to my application, etc. I was told that many Hubpages folks are 'grandfathered' in because they had Ebay accounts but for folks after October or November of 2009, unless you meet the criteria above (with your own domain, etc), you will not be accepted no matter what you do.
If you are trying to validate your own domain, you need to make sure that you have the specified text file uploaded into the domain root folder. If you mess up the name of that, or the location, EPN won't validate your website.
As far as I can tell I made and loaded the file just as they wanted. But it still won't validate.
Ah, now you've answered my question.
Basically all you have to do is save the file on your PC, then upload it to your domain. Where people go wrong is they put it in the wrong place.
Where did you put it?
Does it matter about the quality of the domain? I've got one about seven months old with maybe thirty posts (set up through blogger but shortly moving to wordpress). I keep telling myself I should try it out since I've tried all the other affiliates no matter whether they've got bad reviews from other hubbers or not.
for your own domain, the file you upload has to be titled correctly.
and its not really a file when you get it from them, its a string of numbers that you stick in a notepad file and save as a .txtdocument.
I never validated Hubpages and it still works fine for me
To validate a domain:
1. On your computer, create a blank, plain text file, and save it with the name epndomain.txt.
2. Find your activation code (a unique alphanumeric string associated with your account) at one of the following locations:
* On the eBay Partner Network web site, click the Account tab, and then click Domains. The activation code is listed on the Domains page.
* In your email, open the account confirmation message from the eBay Partner Network. The activation code is listed in the email.
3. Copy the activation code, paste it in the file epndomain.txt, and save the file.
4. Upload the file epndomain.txt to the root directory of your web site. So, if your web site location is http://mysite.com, the text file could be accessed at the URL http://mysite.com/epndomain.txt.
5. On the eBay Partner Network web site, click the Account tab, and then click Domains.
6. On the Domains page in the Add Domain field, type your domain name after the text http://. For example:
* If you want to validate the domain mysite.com, the text in the Add Domain field would be http://mysite.com.
* If you want to validate the subdomain me.mysite.com, the text in the Add Domain field would be http://me.mysite.com. Ensure you enter the entire domain name, not just http://me or http://mysite.com.
7. Click Add.
by Karina S.7 years ago
Need help ASAP; ebay affiliate; how do i validate a domain?Ebay sent me unique identifier and this email:The process is easy: Create a plain text file from a text editor and in the contents put only your unique...
by elb227 years ago
okay so I just signed up yeserday and posted my first article at Real Men Cook! Today I am trying to negotiate the rest of the site set up and got stuck on affiliations. The hub directions dont match up with what...
by Paul Deeds7 years ago
We just deployed an update to the site.The biggest change is the addition of the quiz capsule, and widget. It's easier to just see how it works than to explain, but basically it allows you to create trivia...
by Janet215 years ago
With EPN going mobile, they are requiring all domains to be validated or you will not get paid for any traffic you drive on a mobile device. There is no way to validate our hub domains, right? ...
by jponiato5 years ago
I have created my ebay partner network account successfully. Each time I try to complete the domain verification step, Hub Pages tells me it added my personal EPN code to the epndomain.txt file, but immediately...
by Jyoti Kothari7 years ago
I have confirmed my domain in E bay long back. However, my affiliate settings show that it is not verified. My E bay account shows that the domain Hubpages is confirmed.I have re-validated this today and put E bay ID at...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.