I applied to Ebay and followed the instructions to validate my own domain. But no matter what the ebay site doesn't seem to detct and validate them. Any tips?
You need to go to the affiliate settings page of your HubPages account, enter your EBay affiliate ID there, and click the "confirm domain" button next to it.
If you tell us the steps you've taken, we might be able to spot where you went wrong?
I think that most people who got an Ebay Partner Account solely through applying via HubPages was that long ago that we've forgotten how it was done.
The system is different now. If you can figure it out be sure to take screenshots along the way and publish a hub on it!
The way I understand it is that if you do not have your own domain, you may not be accepted and even though you try to 'validate' it, it doesn't work. That is what happened to my application, etc. I was told that many Hubpages folks are 'grandfathered' in because they had Ebay accounts but for folks after October or November of 2009, unless you meet the criteria above (with your own domain, etc), you will not be accepted no matter what you do.
If you are trying to validate your own domain, you need to make sure that you have the specified text file uploaded into the domain root folder. If you mess up the name of that, or the location, EPN won't validate your website.
As far as I can tell I made and loaded the file just as they wanted. But it still won't validate.
Ah, now you've answered my question.
Basically all you have to do is save the file on your PC, then upload it to your domain. Where people go wrong is they put it in the wrong place.
Where did you put it?
Does it matter about the quality of the domain? I've got one about seven months old with maybe thirty posts (set up through blogger but shortly moving to wordpress). I keep telling myself I should try it out since I've tried all the other affiliates no matter whether they've got bad reviews from other hubbers or not.
for your own domain, the file you upload has to be titled correctly.
and its not really a file when you get it from them, its a string of numbers that you stick in a notepad file and save as a .txtdocument.
I never validated Hubpages and it still works fine for me
To validate a domain:
1. On your computer, create a blank, plain text file, and save it with the name epndomain.txt.
2. Find your activation code (a unique alphanumeric string associated with your account) at one of the following locations:
* On the eBay Partner Network web site, click the Account tab, and then click Domains. The activation code is listed on the Domains page.
* In your email, open the account confirmation message from the eBay Partner Network. The activation code is listed in the email.
3. Copy the activation code, paste it in the file epndomain.txt, and save the file.
4. Upload the file epndomain.txt to the root directory of your web site. So, if your web site location is http://mysite.com, the text file could be accessed at the URL http://mysite.com/epndomain.txt.
5. On the eBay Partner Network web site, click the Account tab, and then click Domains.
6. On the Domains page in the Add Domain field, type your domain name after the text http://. For example:
* If you want to validate the domain mysite.com, the text in the Add Domain field would be http://mysite.com.
* If you want to validate the subdomain me.mysite.com, the text in the Add Domain field would be http://me.mysite.com. Ensure you enter the entire domain name, not just http://me or http://mysite.com.
7. Click Add.
by danielmybrother8 years ago
Wondering if anyone else had trouble finding the eBay affiliate code you paste into your hub pages account page to get paid. I can't find this code anywhere on my eBay account site! Appreciate any help.Daniel
by Jeffrey Tymczak6 years ago
Ebay sent me an email today, if I dont remove the ebay ads from my lens, they will close my eBay Partner account????These are some examples, and not a complete list. We recommend you remove all your links from any site...
by Wayne Tully6 years ago
Ebay has removed me from the Ebay partner network, saying that I was providing low quality traffic....What a load of steaming bullshite!!!Now I've got to go through each hub page and remove them links....the...
by bigmikeh7 years ago
Nobody else seems to have picked this up, (and accuse me of cross posting if you wish as there is another dormant thread) but the new eBay Partner Network (EPN) policy effective Monday statesPublishers may only place...
by Fawntia Fowler7 years ago
I am trying to update HubPages' step-by-step instructions for joining eBay, and I'm looking for some help from the community. Has anybody recently (within the last couple of weeks) applied to eBay and been accepted? If...
by licketysplit7 years ago
I posted this before but I guess I selected the wrong category as I didn't get any responses from Hubpages admins...So I've decided to try to sign up for an EPN account again, this time using the Hubpages domain -...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.