Anyone else not getting indexed by Google?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (80 posts)
  1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I now have 11 hubs that are not indexed by google - nothing published since July 12 (the last one was published on the 9th and indexed yesterday).  Normally I've seen then set up with 24 hours, occasionally in 48, but now it's 8 days and not done!!??

1. surf traveler profile image79
      surf travelerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wilderness, I posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago, asking how long people found it took google to index their hubs. Some replied with timeframes similar to yours, that their hubs were indexed in hours.
      I haven't had that kind of success. Perhaps its a function of the number of hubs one has and the number of external links pointing to the hubs as well. If a hubber has several indexed hubs pointing at a new hub, it should get picked up by google sooner.
      I only have 10 hubs, so far 8 are indexed. The two that aren't were written & published in the past four days.
      It would be great to see them indexed sooner, but then again, I have a website that is 2 1/2 months old with 21 pages and only 11 have been indexed by Google.

wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I remember seeing that post, and times reported were all over the board.  I remember thinking that "I'm glad it isn't me" but had no idea why it wasn't.  Now it is, and I wish it weren't - I've tried some new subjects and styles and want some traffic numbers to use as a rough feedback as to what is successful.

I had wondered about links as several are a different enough subject that they just link to themselves and not to or from my other hubs, but some are not and have multiple links from my other hubs.

Some use popular keyworods, some do not. 

The only thing that is different at all is that I went through many of my few hubs and re-did them, even changing the whole keyword emphasis in some.  All of those took only a couple of days to re-index, and I wouldn't think it would have much effect on the rest, anyway.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Wilderness,

I checked on one of your older hubs.

When searching for it via "Toyota Prius Review" term, I went down at least 4-5 pages deep and did not find it.

However, when I typed in the exact wording of your hub title. I was able to find it on the second page of listings.

Toyota Prius - A Hybrid Car Review
      A little over a year ago we bought a 2006 Prius and have driven it since then. Herein lies that experience, with the hybrid pros and cons of the Prius ...
      hubpages.com/hub/Toyota-Prius-A-Hybrid-Car-Review - Cached

Yes, that one was published the middle of June and has been indexed for some time.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just a thought (and probably irrelevant), I noticed that on some of your Hubs you have an RSS feed to your other Hubs with a description. 

If it's a long Hub that probably doesn't matter, but if it's a short one, you could be introducing too much irrelevant material and diluting your keywords too much.

I do interlink my Hubs but only if they're related.

A couple of things I notice about the Hub:

This review is going to be read by non-owners, so you're not going to sell accessories.  You need to maximize Adsense ads for the car.  With a photo at the top, you've wiped out the prime position top-right-hand Adsense ad.

I did a search on the Google keyword tool using the "exact" match.  "toyota prius review" gets 2,900 searches a month and "hybrid car review" only gets 1,000.

Marissa, I don't think that anything you might say about my hubs is irrelevant to me - thanks for the comment whether "irrelevant" (your word) or not.

I'd never thought about keyword dilution with the rss feed - a good point and I will check my shorter hubs and perhaps remove the description.  I use internal links, as I'm sure you noticed, where it is relevant, but add the feed because....well, just because I guess.  Maybe if they like the writing they'll want something more.

A good point about accessories (you really did go through it!) and one I'm aware of.  My thinking is simply that I might find one or two one day that already own and want something - an impulse buy.  I didn't see any reason not to use the Amazon ads, so put them in. 

I moved the top photo into the top paragraph, flushed right.  It made no difference in the number of ads as there wasn't one there anyway, although I don't know why not - I intentionally kept that space clear for adsense.

Yes, those numbers for searches are probably too low to bother with.  On the other hand, "hybrid cars" shows 201,000 searches with the green competition bar only about half way over - if I put both in the title and text, I hope to pick up both and I would expect some searchers of "hybrid cars" to want to see a review.  Or am I guilty of faulty thinking again?

On a side note, Marisa, your help and comments here are invaluable to me - I surely appreciate them.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

I used to take the same view, but then I realized that my Amazon ads, being more colorful than most Adsense ads, were distracting from the Adsense ones.  Generally, it's best not to include Amazon ads unless you can find really good products - you're just enabling a "tyre-kicker" click that might otherwise have clicked an Adsense ad.  Remember you get paid even if nobody buys anything from the Adsense ad.

Have you read my Hub on optimizing your Hub layout?  The top right-hand corner is the prime position for your Adsense ads.  So your Hub needs to start with a text capsule, long enough to allow that corner ad to appear.  Use the 'preview' function and fiddle with the length of the first capsule until it's long enough for the corner ad to pop up, but not much longer.

That means your first photo has to be next to your second text capsule, no higher.

Yes, I've read it and am following it.  The hub in question was written before I knew about the adsense placement, but I've checked and it will take a photo.  What I hadn't realized was that a top photo would eliminate that flushed right position for adsense as well as a photo there.  I'll have to play with the length of that capsule again and see if I can get an ad in there.

I never thought about the distraction of an Amazon capsule, but I'll bet you're right there.  I realized that any Amazon clicks probably wouldn't pay off, but you never know.  I think your thought over-rides that, though.

1. WryLilt profile image88
              WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just a correction about the green competition bar - from what I've seen and been told it's not actually for our use. It's an indication of the competition between other advertisers meaning no value for keyword research. To find out your competition for keywords:

1. Google the string of words such as "black bow shoes". If lots of them have those keywords in order you have comeptition. If most are something like "black and brown bow shoes" you know people aren't specifically targeting that keyword as much.
              2. Download the google toolbar (only useable with FF and IE, not chrome sad) and check the PR of those pages. Obviously if they have say a PR6 it'd be almost not worth it to compete. A PR1 or 2 is competeable.

And just a clarification on amazon adverts. I know some people do place amazon ads high up top right - but only usually if it's a sales hub. If you want adsense and amazon clicks, place the amazon boxes lower...

*Waits for Marisa to correct me*  I confuse myself a little with this stuff sometimes and I'm always learning!

That's pretty much what I do, except for the toolbar.  I'll have to try that - I've drug my heels as I have too many toolbars already, but maybe it's worth it.

Yes, my Amazon capsules are mostly lower down.  I really need to go into and clean up some of my earlier hubs as I've learned considerable in the last few weeks.

Now off to do some of the rss linking suggested by sunforged down below.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Just to be clear, if you have a photo at the top of the Hub, it eliminates the top right Adsense ad.  If you remove the photo but your first text capsule is too short, it eliminates the top right Adsense ad.

The only possible way to get that top right-hand ad is to have a text capsule on its own as your first capsule.  Your photos can't start until the second capsule.

1. Research Analyst profile image74
                Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed the same thing, so I usually try to place the photo between the first and second text capsules.

Even better, float it to the right of the second text capsule - a photo cutting right across the text can discourage readers from scrolling down further.

2. wilderness profile image94

And you are right, of course.  The text capsule was too short, in spite of the fact it looked big enough.  I lengthened it and moved the pic and voila! an ad appeared.  I'll remember to check that it's big enough and not go by appearance.

4. experimenter profile image60
      experimenterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just submit an article to ezine backlinking to your hub and it's almost 100% that it will get indexed (based on my experience)

2. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 13 years ago

All I can say is that the Hub I published three days ago is indexed.  It's not something I pay that close attention to.

Well, Relache, if I had 190 hubs of experience under my belt, I wouldn't pay any attention, either!  lol  On the other hand I keep an eye on my traffic as a very rough guide as to which hubs are useful, have good SEO or are well received.  Mostly the SEO and that's something I'm really working hard on learning and want that feedback.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't either. i know i am supposed to though, reading some of the top hubbers around here. sometimes people tell me i am and i just go really?

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

I'm looking into it.  Occasionally we have seen Google slow down indexing.  It usually speeds back up after a few days.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would highly recommend you change your title.

Toyota Prius - A Hybird Car Review is what it is now.

A Toyota Prius Hybird Review might work better? I am only basing it on those who are looking for a "hybird" know it's a car. Toyota does make a lot of products, but not with "hybird" attached.

Or you could use - A Hybird Review - Toyota Prius.

Just a thought. Just trying to help. wink big_smile

See, now, Cags - that is part of my ignorance.  I've been assuming that a search for "Prius Review" would pick up my title fine, but if I remove the word "car" then a search for "hybrid car review" won't.

That kind of thing happens all the time to me on my own searches, with google highliting the searched for words in a title and seemingly ignoring the ones I don't search for. 

I've been using the keyword tool to find highly searched for terms and then trying to build a title around perhaps several of them - this was one of my earlier efforts along that line.  Is that a bad idea and google not search for both scattered words as well as direct phrases as I thought?

1. Cagsil profile image70

Your title only needs to get attention.

The "keywords/tags" you use work for indexing, based on search terms.

So, it makes no difference if the word "car" was in the title. It can be in your keywords "prius hybird car" or "hybird cars" or "toyota cars" or "hybird car review".

The title should be, for all intended purposes, as short and direct(but keyword rich).

I could be wrong, as I am not a professional. wink

'Sigh'  I can see it's "back to school" for me today.  I thought I had read that it was quite important to include the primary keywords in the title and even the URL if at all possible as it carries more weight with google.  From doing my own searches it also seems important they be in the summary text so I make sure they show up there, too - I usually write my own instead of taking the default.

So much to learn, so few years to do it in......

Actually I don't agree with Cagsil.  Not wanting to be rude, Cagsil - you're a great writer but you're not a SEO guru! 

The advice from people like Sunforged is to write your title for Google's benefit.  Your summary is to catch the reader's attention. 

So your title needs to include the best possible combination of keywords in the order people type them into search engines, which is why "toyota prius review" is better than "hybrid car review".

Hey Marissa, no offense taken and don't consider it rude. If I am wrong, then I'm glad there are people who know more about than I do. I'm limited in the SEO knowledge, because I've not taken enough time to dive into it, but only a little bit. smile

Cagsil, it's a common mistake.  As writers we've grown up with the idea of a 'catchy' title, because in a magazine or newspaper, that's what works. 

On the internet, the opposite applies.  If your title isn't boring, you're probably doing it wrong.  That's because Google uses your title first to judge relevance, so it's vital to include the phrase or phrases people are most likely to type into a search engine. 

You can compensate for the boring title by writing a 'catchy' custom summary, because that's what appears under the title in the search engine results.

Ryan has a good video (you'll find it on my Optimize your HubPages Hub) which explains how tweaking your title to include the right keywords can make a dramatic difference to your traffic.  I tried it, it works!

Thank you Marissa. smile big_smile

1. profile image0
                    ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to make sure that you head in the right direction and don't waste any precious time, Marissa is referring to Ryan Hupfer who once worked for hubpages rather than myself smile

Ah.  I have wondered if the order really matters as few people will run a google search for an exact match.  It didn't seem to make much difference if there were a few extraneous words in the string - google just seems to ignore them.

Your comment makes me wonder, too, about plurals or other suffixes or prefixes - do they matter or does google not care?

I've played with search strings, doing actual searches, and decided that extra words matter, but usually not a great deal.  An extra word, or lack thereof, might get top spot instead of second or third, but either one is fine with me! smile As my "work" only encompassed a dozen or so searches it doesn't make a very good statistical base and could be way off, however.

People don't consciously search for an exact match.  The point is, Google presents the exact matches first.

So what the keyword tool is telling you is that 2,900 people every month type in the exact phrase "toyota prius review" - and if they do, the sites with that exact phrase in their title will be at the top of the results.  Sites with the title "toyota prius hybrid car review" will appear but they'll be lower down.

Extra words added at the end won't make a difference but breaking up the phrase will.  So you could have a title like "toyota prius review - my first hybrid car" if you want to get "hybrid car" in there.

Actually, 2900 searches isn't bad.  There's not much point in targetting keyword phrases that attract thousands and thousands of searches - because you're not the only one who's noticed, and there are bound to be millions of internet marketers already targetting the really highly-searched ones.

Got it, I think.  This will make some difference in my keywords, but not too much.  I'll just have to remember to leave the phrase itself alone as much as possible and add words at the beginning and end.

And no, 2900 searches isn't too bad.  Some of what I've used is in that range, although I try to get closer to 10,000.  I also do a regular search using the chosen keyword and look at how many results I get.  That's mostly what I've been counting as "competition" so the lower the better to a point.

2. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok - It seems your on your way ..but still confused a little on the basics.

Get some backlinks: http://hubpages.com/hub/Easy-ways-to-pr … to-my-site

How to optimize your hub (on page)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-traffic-with-ON-PAGE-seo

although I iwsh, it was truly my advice, this is really common knowledge that can be found at respected sources like google webmaster tools, SEO moz and Matt Cutts blog.

For example: facebook is NOT a worthwhile backlink ..in SEO purposes( they rewrite your link and it is nofollow) if you have a large following it has diretc traffic potential..but its not going to help you get indexed any quicker

When doing your keyword research be sure to change the settings to "Exact"

I  was not speaking of using rss feeds within your own hubs, but rather at external locations (the only real requirement for a BACKlink)

http://www.google.com/search?q=rss+subm … =firefox-a

If you wan to try SU and the other social bookmarking (not backlinking) sites ..true in the long run , something like a 3 to 1 ratio would be best in the ling term ...but the worst that happens is they would cancel your account - so if you dont feel like being careful, then dont..its still better than doing nothing

Thanks, sunforged for the words of wisdom.  I do indeed have a lot to learn and skimming your first link (a thorough reading will have to wait till later) only emphasizes that.  That's OK - this post is now bookmarked.

I do use the "exact" setting in the keyword tool, as well as do an actual search as I don't really find the little green bar to be very accurate.  It also gives me an idea of what kind or article can be found with that search and sometimes it surprises me and doesn't match very well.

I still need to learn better just what a rss feed is and how it works.  Haven't used them except internally because I don't know yet.  I will, though.

I quit using SU mostly because some hubbers seemed to feel it could hurt HP as a whole if too many people got banned for posting excessive links to hubs.  Might be so, so I quit.  Besides, SU links always gave me a few views and then quit entirely.

Betcha I study some of that doggoned sunforged's hubs.  If I can just get the next hub out of my mind while I do it I might even learn something! smile

Thanks again, sunforged.

Well, sunforged, I think your advice was spot on.  I used your hub on rss sites and put 8 rss feeds each onto about 10 different sites, one feed for each of my groups.  As many of the sites ask for a general topic and my hubs are just all over the place it seemed reasonable to group them by groups and submit a rss for each group.  I did this yesterday morning.

As of today all my hubs are indexed but 2, and one of them was published late last night.  The other one published at the same time is indexed as of this morning.  I've even gotten 10 google hits on one hub that indexed sometime last night.

Thanks for the hint.  Now to see if it just might translate into traffic....

2. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The title is one of the more important things when ranking for key words, however hybrid car reviews is probably a pretty competitive keyphrase.

5. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

odd- I checked a couple of your latest - no signs of being indexed.

I checked my latest (7/13) - it has been indexed.

Maybe get out there and get your profile backlinked - it will get crawled more often and in turn your latest hubs should get crawled quicker..

Perhaps do some rss submissions too so your automatically getting a few links out there everytime you publish

Now, I had not thought of backlinking to my profile.  I had considered asking my wife to backlink from FB, but her friends and all are just relatives that won't do me any good.  A backlink might help here, though - I'll have her do it.

I currently use a rss feed on each hub to the "hot" hubs - perhaps "latest" would be better?

I don't have any other real presence on the web except HP so no way to backlink.  I don't twitter of use FB or any other social site.  I did post a few to stumbleupon, but then began reading here that I needed to post others stuff at maybe 10 - 1 and wasn't willing to spend the time to do that and get followers (or whatever they're called there) and all so I quit using them.  I do use hubtrails and buzzsawmill, but that's it.

6. sunforged profile image71

You can find  a balance in good keyword use and catchy title witha little creativity

but most importantly, that title has to show up in a reasonable location to stand a chance of being clicked - catchy doesnt help if you cant see it.

a good summary can save a boring (seo based) title for your human searchers benefit

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you also Sunforged. smile

8. sunforged profile image71

The green competition bar is for ADVERTISERS - you are a publisher. the tool is not designed for us.

And just maybe that's why it doesn't seem to have much correlation to reality!

9. jaymelee23 profile image65
    jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

I have 3 or 4 over the last few days that aren't indexed either. I even went and created backlinks to my profile and to the hubs. Nothing as of right now.

10. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

@WryLilt

I do agree with most of the things you said, but I would like to point out a few things which I have observed(some points are evn off topic)

1.As you've already said, the google keyword tool is for advertisers and though it is a very helpful tool but if you are serious about making money online, you should go for more powerful keyword tool like Market Samurai or MicroNicheFinder.  The google keyword tool just tells you how much a advertiser is willing to pay  for the keyword but it does not tells you how likely a visitor is going to click on the ads.  I have a couple of quotes hub which rank very high and gets a decent traffic from google but havn't earned me anything.  And when I checked in market samurai the visitor value(SEOV) of that keyword is 0$.

2.Also,I would beg to differ with you on the PR point.  If your hub is properly optimized for the particular keyword and the PR6 isn't then you can outrank them.  For example, my hubs on soccer jerseys.  It currently ranks 4th for the term "buy world cup soccer jerseys"(during the world cup was at number 2) and that hub is a PR0

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/buysoccerjerseys.jpg

11. TheQuestion profile image59
    TheQuestionposted 13 years ago

let's just say from what i have seen it does not happen immediately but it does not take forever either

12. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

If its any consolation, I published a hub a month ago that has still not been indexed. I can't find it in a google search even when I include its title keywords and 'hubpages'. It had a few hubpages views in its first week, but nothing at all since.
    It is more than 1000 words, not keyword stuffed, and on a good search term (high searches, low results). Loads of research went into it, and it is also an Amazon hub.
    I'm getting paranoid because I can't find it.
    I guess its just a waiting game...

Izzy, try searching for the URL - that's how I can tell if it's indexed.  At least I think that the word "cached" means indexed - I have one hub right now that shows up but is not cached.

Also read above here a post from sunforged about using rss feeds.  It seems to have helped a great deal - I answered his post with some details.

13. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I've had his hub open on rss feeds all day but not got round to doing anything with it. Its only one hub I've not got indexed. There may well be others, but this one was one of the first I wrote after the whole SEO stuff sank home.
    It's not there even with the full url sad

Well, don't quote me here - just repeating what I think I understand from the old-timers, but speed of indexing may depend a lot on the number of incoming links.  That's why rss feeds may help a lot, and they really did seem to.  I don't know what effect they might have on traffic, but I got 11 hubs indexed overnight after putting in some 80 rss feeds (about 10 to each hub).

After my studying and fixing hubs so a rss feed would pick them up in groups it only took about an hour to do it all, and future hubs will automatically be included, of course.

14. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Yes I've read a lot of positive comments about the whole rss feed thing, but haven' tried it yet. Tomorrow...

Well, good luck with it - hope it works as well for you as I think it did for me.  Just don't let "tomorrow" slip to the next day, then the next... smile

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Story of my life LOL

15. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Sorry being lazy and not read whole thread so this may have been covered.

Google only indexs two pages from one domain for each search. So if you have written a hub about 'electric toothbrushes' but google loves two more hubs more than yours, you won't see it indexed.

So do this search: "electric toothbrushes site:hubpages" (you don't need to put the quote marks in) and it will bring up every hub with that keyword. If your hub is on the list, then google has indexed it, its just loving two hubs more than yours. Don't despair. check out the other 2 hubs and see what they are doing and how to make yours better.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Thanks hun, but can't be arsed at the moment.
      It'll index in its own sweet time smile

16. Spacey Gracey profile image39

Lol - love the attitude. I'm all for instant gratification so I'm not all that suited to this internet marketing lark. I want success and I want it yesterday.

lol lol lol  That's me, too, Gracey - 5 minutes is plenty of time for google to do its thing!

2. IzzyM profile image85

LOL, I noticed! I love your enthusiasm! I wanted to be as enthusiastic but I guess I've lost that youthful feature. <sigh>
      Never mind, I got a £100 cheque from the Premium Bonds yesterday for the first time ever, then I got a letter from a share holding company who I hadn't informed when I moved abroad. Seems all my dividends have been lost in space since then, and I am now to collect a cheque for over £1000! Oh and google have told me my cheque is being prepared for my first payout, and Amazon isn't far behind. I think I should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow for the Euromillions LOL

Or you could just share with us poor newbies here.....

1. IzzyM profile image85

I could.. but then again I won't because I'm not a christian LOL (see other threads).
          BUT...because I'm not miserable, you are welcome to come over and share the cheap red wine I've got in (and I mean really cheap - carton cheap!)

You're on!  My total adsense earnings to date wouldn't buy even a small cheap carton, so I gotta beg. lol  Gonna be a long swim, though.

1. IzzyM profile image85

IF you think you can do it, arrange press, television coverage etc., do the swim, and you will likely make more money than you ever will on adsense.
              And when you finally get here, the wine will still be pretty bad lol

17. Spacey Gracey profile image39

Woo hoo Izzy - hopefully taht'll give you a nice confidence boost.

You need to post your good news all over the forums so people can reply with those fancy celebtrating pictures they can do - sorry all I can manage is a big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

Hey - no te precupe - that means no worries. I can't say I've got enough money to not have any worries - I might be sorted for a month if I'm lucky. I really need to get in gear and get really serious because all this SEO stuff is starting to sink into this ancient grey matter I've got, and the reality is I need a minimum of €1000 a month to live off. €2000 would be better, and here I am on a euro a (good)day sad
      Spain is a dire place to be when you're skint.  The lottery is just a distant dream because I've had my three good things, haven't I? Even if I worked my ass off for one for them.

18. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I'm wondering why my website indexes 3rd on 1st page for one particular keyword when I use my firefox and then 9th on my friends laptop and then different again on my cell phone??!?

A good question.  Aren't google searches customized for each user for geography and past searches?  That might have something to do with it.

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't a clue lol

19. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I think its got something to do with your being signed in or something - thinking of Google - have you got a google email address?

20. sunforged profile image71

Yes, google searches are personalized based on user history and location if your logged into ANY google accounts - gmail, analytics, adsense. calender etc.

Try a service like scroogle.org (use scroogle scraper) to see a result more like an average searcher would see.

In advance, Im sorry, but if you have searched your ranking before and this is the first time using a tool - you will most likely be disappointed by the difference

Sunforged!  Thought you might show up about now.  I took your advice from yesterday on rss feeds (see above reply to you) with, I think, great results.  Might just be coincidence, but I doubt it.  Thanks.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Im happy!! I responded to your comment on the rss hub. You will most likely never have this issue again since the rss will update as you write new hubs

Yeah, I used "latest" in the rss feed for each group of hubs so they will all get at a little exposure sometime and most will get a lot.  That I won't have to do it again is good, too (at least until I create another "group").

21. Roy Miller profile image60
    Roy Millerposted 13 years ago

I have this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/silver-wrapping-paper

which has not gotten indexed even after 7 days. I am starting to get it indexed myself now.

I ll bookmark it on social media sites especially on propeller, digg and twitter. I hope it will get indexed soon.

22. PurpleOne profile image78
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

My hub that according to my stats has a $$$$$ potential is the only hub that google will not index. Google did pick it up when I first published it but dropped it soon afterwards and hasn't picked it up since then. sad My latest hub also has a $$$$$ potential and has not been picked up by google yet either though it's only been published for a few hours!

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How are you checking to see if your hub is indexed? I just searched your swiss travel hub title (full title) and it's there. You may well not be ranking anywhere for the keywords you've chosen but that doesn't mean the hub isn't indexed.

Also I wouldn't pay too much attention to the $$$$$, it's not an accurate indicator of what you will earn.

1. PurpleOne profile image78
        PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not indexed for either of my Nova Scotia hubs. To check if I'm indexed in google, I am copying and pasting the url into the search box. Do you know if I might be doing something wrong?

Susana, I just checked again and it's actually just one of my Nova Scotia hubs, "Nova Scotia Resorts" that google will not index. Not sure why it picked it up initially but then dropped it!

Yep, I can't find it either. I see you have a Xomba page coming up with exact the same title, so I'm wondering if google chose to index that one and not your hub. I would change the hub title a bit so that it's different to the xomba page e.g. "Nova Scotia Resorts: Canada Vacations" or something like that, edit the summary, update the page with a bit more text and then ping it. Hopefully that will do the trick!

Thank you so much! I never would have thought of that but will try it!

You're welcome smile Let me know if it works!

23. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 13 years ago

I have noticed a significant difference in indexing speed depending on the topic of the hub/article/website.

I created a basic "earning money online" blog to use for general backlinking purposes across all of my writing. Following my usual techniques it took 2.5 months to be indexed - I believe it is because google notes that there are 15 billion other sites on the same topic. This compares with less than a week (and in most cases a few days)for brand new websites on medical topics.

It does seem likely that google is taking the obvious steps needed to deliver quality content to its users on competitive topics by applying a type of time filter to get rid of those who aren't in it for the long run.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)