jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Travel Tales

1. MtnDoc profile image61
    MtnDocposted 6 years ago

How does one post blog Travel stories to Hub? I can find no link for help

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You can post travel stories (supposedly, with original content that you have written yourself) by writing one or more hubs. You may also want to look into Hubtrails, which is a special programs for getting exposure to travel-related hubs.

Start with the basics, then check out the Help function for additional information. Help is in the top right corner of your screen, or you can use the search box located in the same area.

1. MtnDoc profile image61
      MtnDocposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have about 30 travel story posts in another blog....would like to add them to Hub.....not sure how to do

1. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You will be flagged for duplicate content. The content on HubPages must be original. The Duplicate tag will stay with your hub, and work against you in indexing.

You will have to destroy your blog posts with regards to them, before posting the exact same stuff on HubPages.

You can post hubs on similar topic or same topic, but you cannot use the exact same words.

Just to let you know. smile

1. lasonjacobb3 profile image61
          lasonjacobb3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the hand

1. Cagsil profile image84
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this
      2. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mtndoc, HubPages doesn't want copies of material already published elsewhere, and they don't want short blog posts, so they don't provide a facility to import them.

Take a look at a few Hubs, and you'll see they are full length magazine-style articles.  You could do very well here, writing original articles on travel (like the ones you read in travel magazines). 

If you click on "start a new Hub", you'll find you can cut and paste your blog content into a Hub.  However, you either need to expand each blog post to make it a proper article, or  combine several blog posts to make one Hub. A Hub is anything from 400 to 1,500 words.   Then you'd need to delete them from your blog. 

I hope you decide to stay!

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

You need to click on "Start a new hub". That will begin the process, so you can "write" an article or produce a hub about your travel tales.

Frogdropping wrote a couple of hubs for new people to read. I highly recommend reading them.

Darkside wrote several hubs on how to work with HubPages. I also recommend reading them as well.

I have posted them respectively below:

That should get you started. Do enjoy your time here. smile

4. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Can't top the advice already offered so just hello, welcome and have fun writing smile

5. MtnDoc profile image61
    MtnDocposted 6 years ago

trying to figure out how to get already blogged "Travel Stories" imported into my hub

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You cannot import, as HubPages has no feature for importing blog posts. This would have to be cut-and-paste. But as Cagsil points out, HubPages is not very hospitable to duplicate content - even if you do own it. It is not prohibited, but penalized in different ways:

6. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages MtnDoc.

You've received some excellent advice here from great hubbers.

I suggest you take your existing stories from your blog and re-package them for HubPages.  As the other hubbers have said, HP doesn't like duplicate content so you will need to re-word them.  That might sound like a lot of work but it needn't be. 

I recommend you use a new title too. 

The HubPages Learning Centre which can be found at the bottom of the page is definitely worth reading before publishing.

The list of hubs Cagsil provided is also a great start. 

Good luck and I hope you like it here.  Hubbers are a friendly, helpful bunch!