jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Getting my EPP & transferring domains

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Ok here's a question for people who have their own domains...

I want to transfer my domain from blogger to wordpress. I have an account with bluehost already. I need an EPP number for bluehost to prove to them I own the domain. I can find emails for my old domains but not this one...

I am registered with godaddy.com - when I try and ask for my customer number they ask me my domain name, which I type in. They say it's an invalid name. However I'm definitely registered with them. I'm going in circles - how can I transfer my domain? smile

Any help appreciated!

2. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Blogger to Wordpress is irrelevant

You are transferring from GoDaddy to BlueHost.

If you cant access your GoDaddy account or provide security info, then your SOL.

I would just call them to sort it out, see if they can help you with some other identifying info like cc# or send you an email to your registered email.

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Heres an idea.

Unless you paid for private registration, the default info that shows up on a  WHOIS search for your domain should match your registration details at GoDaddy

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Phew I figured it out. Turns out I'd registered with a different email... now waiting for it to unlock so I can do the transfer... hopefully. Thanks for the help!

P.S. How do I find my EPP code? LoL

Edit: And by opening my eyes, I found it! big_smile

working