jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hub unpublished as sub standard. Help?

1. VictoriaLawrence profile image61
    VictoriaLawrenceposted 6 years ago

I posted my first hubpost yesterday and it was unpublished this morning. The reason given was substandard post....I looked through all the rules and terms and I don't see anything in my post that would apply to any of these.

Is there somewhere that I can get a more specific answer so that I can fix it and re publish?

Thanks for your help~

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi victoria, It's difficult to say without reading it, but ask yourself was the hub original, was the content good, was any of it copied from else where.  Was it too short, did it contain any information that shouldn't be published. As you can see there are many reasons for this action. Try again after reading some of the answers about what makes a good hub in the forum pages. Good luck to you.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't need to mail the admin team.  You can get a list of what is considered "substandard" in the FAQ right away without having to wait for a reply.

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Contact the HP team directly with any questions.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

How long was it?

Nothing bugs me more than somebody taking up a great keyword URL with 100 words.

A hubpage should be 800-1200 words on average in my opinion. I have a few with 300-500 and a few with 1500-1800, but this isn't a blog... it is an article site.

If it isn't for that reason then disregard what I have said, but that often is the reason.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Hi Victoria.

Your hub only contained a paragraph of text, an image, and a video.  We like to see more text than that, unless you're doing a hub containing primarily images, in which case you need more photos, and to categorize the hub in the Entertainment > Photos & Videos > Photo Galleries.

Hope this clarifies.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I found this personally interesting. So that's why all those photo galleries aren't considered substandard. When they only have 1 sentence. I'll calibrate my hub hopping accordingly.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Tips straight from the top. Hi Maddie! big_smile anyways, if you write about personal experience..maybe try to write it answering the 5 W's and one H. Keep in mind you are writing for a audience and will depend on what your goals are. Do you want to help? start a debate? etc. Hope that helps. Welcome to HubPages! smile