jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Ticked off and flattered at the same time

1. 0
    Kerry43posted 6 years ago

I just realized, after years of studying psychology, that it is, indeed, possible for two conflicting emotions to coexist. Perhaps this will end up being my dissertation topic.

I also realize that plagiarism is a subject that is covered at length in many threads, but my weird mix of feelings prompted me to whine in the first place I could find room to post.

moving on...I discovered a couple of hours ago, that some guy with a string of credentials as long as one's arm has been hosting one of my best psychology articles as his own. Old news, perhaps for many of you, but this guy is a psychiatrist for heaven's sake. So, while I am feeling somewhat violated and so angry I could throw up, I can't help but smile that he thought my work was worthy of putting his own name to it...the loser. (Yes, I have sent him a first and final warning, from there, however, the reporting process itself looks rather intimidating)

Thanks for the ear. I think I may go and self medicate with a Gin & Tonic. It's my birthday today and I don't have any classes scheduled so I can write the drinks off as "celebratory".

Kez

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Many Happy returns. 

This so called psychiatrist that has stolen your work needs to be flagged up for serious professional misconduct.  A UK psychiatrist called Raj Pasaurd lost his respected position due to passing off other peoples academic work as his own.  If this person is capable of academic theft, what does he do with his patients?

1. 0
        Kerry43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the b'day wishes Kathryn.

That's interesting. I did wonder if that would pose a HUGE professional problem. My God, what a frightening prospect. I'm glad he isn't playing with my brain.

Kez

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

If he is dishonest enough to pass somebody elses work off as his own, then can you be certain that his 'string of credentials' are completely accurate? Plenty of people lie about those too...

1. 0

G'day ryankett.;

I agree with you, the guy could be any old body. I did follow his collection of links to numerous sites where other "alleged" medical professionals hang out. I also have a link for a hospital he is supposedly connected to in some manner. If my article isn't removed after the warning I sent him, I plan to email them and find out if he is the real deal or not.

Have a good one
      Kez

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I pretty much never feel very complimented, no matter who steals what I've written.  mad

However, with regard to having two conflicting emotions at the same time, after 30 years of being a mother, I learned a long time ago that's pretty much how mothers live a good part of the time.   smile

1. 0

Hi Lisa...I have also survived motherhood. Five teenagers can be interesting, and educational.

Re: the plagiarism. It makes me feel a little bit sick having my work stolen. I had the same feelings after a burglary in my home years ago. Not pleasant at all.

Have a happy day

Kez

working