jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Google AdSense Immpression don't equal Hubpages Views.

1. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

When first joined Hubpages and set up Google Adsense  - right away the Google estimated earnings was REDACTED.  Well it's been weeks and weeks since then and it's stil at $REDACTED
    What am I doing wrong?

OK I understand about the 60/40 deal with Google - but - how come it's a static REDACTED for the past 5 weeks without changing.

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's just a little over 60% you've got there.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

HubPages gets 40 percent of the page impressions, you get 60 percent; only your share will show up in Google Adsense. Besides, Adsense statistics are more accurate than HubPages'.

ptosisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - I was editing my Q when you answered so fast.  After I posted I saw the 60/40 split.

What about the static $REDACTED

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who knows, if you haven't had any clicks, why would earnings change? Estimated earnings are just $2-5 per 1,000 impressions, according to HubPages.

Be advised that it is against Adsense TOS do display or discuss your earnings.

ptosisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh! I didn't know that - should I re-edit posts and erase that part - or can have entire thread erased?

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's OK. Just something to keep in mind for future reference. Cheers!

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Pageviews and impressions are not the same thing, and neither generates income.  A click on an advertisement is what actually generates earnings.

And notice that word "estimated." That's just Google taking an educated guess, not stating any actually earned income.

Having been with HubPages for only two months, and only having 16 Hubs, you may not have actually earned anything yet.

working