jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

First couple hubs, give me some advice.

1. MalcolmKlock profile image60
    MalcolmKlockposted 6 years ago

Okay, so these are both kind of niche topics, just wondering what you all think. I've only been on the site a few days, so I haven't interacted too much yet. Really want to get better at this, I think there's some really good content in these hubs, but I'm not sure if my writing is a good fit for this site or is maybe a little too longwinded and "bookish."

Help me out if you can.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can't believe you are new to hupbages - welcome and great job!
      The only thing I can think of is to have better URLs in future hubs - the way they are created as you type in the title allows you to put your keywords in the URL so search engines are able to tell what your hub is about and send more people there.

If you're looking for google traffic you're going about it the right way - google loves plenty of words - most newbies write say 300-500, but 1000-1500 is generally best.

You seem to be doing fine with your pictures, maybe right align some instead of having them in the middle so it doesn't confuse the reader into thinking that's the end.

Keep up the great work!

MalcolmKlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for the detailed read, advice, and the follow. This is a truly moronic question, but I honestly could not figure out how to right align my photos. Drove me crazy all day!

Thanks again.

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At the top of the photo capsule there are various green arrows. One points to the right. Just click that.

Thanks, fixed, and definitely improved readability.

2. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Your writing is very good.  I read carefully the intentionality hub.  It is great.  I must say that you underplayed the final cut pro studio software as being the simplest thing to choose. I have been studying it for the past two years and find it daunting.   I am just now getting the hang of some of the features.  Yes it is a really good piece of software, but you practically need a tutor or mentor to get a movie out of it.  Also, underplayed is the sound angle.  It takes more than a good mic.   

Of course you already know all of this.  But my comments point to the possibility of about 50 more hubs on just these two topics.  Beginners are going to be lost.   You have this great opportunity to bring them along a hub at a time.

BTW, the color correction is simple for film makers like you, to me and the rest of the uninformed world, it takes quite a bit of practice. The last movie I made, was only about 12 minutes, and took easily 20 or more hours of edit.

Really quite beautiful hub.  Good work.  I wish I had you here with me to tutor me on final cut pro studio, and color correction, and sound, and mixing, and original composing, and how to avoid those GB loops.   I have made 10 or so movies and it still stumps me most of the way.  I always roll back to movie maker or imovie when I realize that I will never meet my deadline.

Wow, really appreciate the detailed response.

A little advice on Final Cut, its all about the little tricks you learn that make your life so much easier. I really suggest that rather than wading through the avalanches of manuals and official tutorials, you seek some video tutorials on vimeo (amazing site of really giving pros) or its ilk to really streamline your process. The little tricks you pick up tend to just speed your whole process up by stunning amounts. Just wandering through it, or trying to read along with a manual, it can be really forbidding labyrinth.

Hmm, some of those final cut timesavers I was talking about could maybe be a great subject for a future hub. Thanks for the inspiration and all the great feedback.