jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My images look terrible? Why are they being stretched?

1. homebusinesstips profile image61
    homebusinesstipsposted 6 years ago

Here are my examples.
    I can take these images and make the a specific size quite easily. However i can't see what those optimum dimensions are?

Here is an example of one of my hubs with the pixelated image.
    It is not a case that the image is poor quality, hubpages seems to stretch the image to fit.

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-part-time-job … -recession

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. Make sure you go to the largest image with the best quality when getting photos for hubs, not just the previews. This way you'll have good quality to start with.

2. Try going into edit photo capsule and then try changing it to 1/4 size.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unless they're too small, it's not necessary to resize images for HubPages - it happens automatically.

Where are you getting your photos?  Bear in mind that photos on the internet are ALL copyrighted unless stated otherwise, so you can't just copy any old photo. 

A common problem is that people try to use the sample photos from a stock photo site, which aren't good enough quality to reproduce.

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The image is only 260 by 260 pixels

Your just using an image that is quite small. I think the size limit is 10MB your using an image that is only 9.4 kb

3. 4x4 profile image79
    4x4posted 6 years ago

It looks to me that you fixed the problem already.

Anyway, I had the same problem myself. And it normally is stemming from the photos themselves. Anyway, if there really is no other picture that you can use then eventually the only thing you can do is use the quarter size version, if the half-size and full width does not suit your taste.