jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Google announced adsense split is 68%. How can I see a .01 click?

1. Katerra profile image83
    Katerraposted 6 years ago

Google posted the following in their forum in May:
    "AdSense for content publishers, who make up the vast majority of our AdSense publishers, earn a 68% revenue share worldwide. This means we pay 68% of the revenue that we collect from advertisers for AdSense for content ads that appear on your sites."

Yet this week I've seen an Adsense payout of .01 for a click. If the minimum bid is .05 and Google pays .68 of that, how can you see anything less than .03? My CPC payouts are usually much higher. I'm just curious about this low number.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I ran an adwords campaign with a maximum bid of £0.02 and achieved an average click cost of £0.014 (and £0.02 is currently $0.03)

If you bid $5 for something on eBay, you may get it for $3.50. Whilst of course, it may sell to somebody else for $6.

You may of course not have recieved any money whatsoever for that click, it could have been from an impression.

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

3. DC Research profile image60
    DC Researchposted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's all based on estimates.  68% is probably an average, not an exact formula.  Same goes for cpc and all that.  Even the CPC you see on google keyword tool is an estimate.

4. GarfieldGates profile image87
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

It is unlikely that the 0.01 was from a click.  Google fills out their ad inventory with CPM ads (as ryankett briefly mentioned) and therefore when one of these shows you are paid that penny (or other paltry sum) for the impression.

Although, this may not be that case for you as it all depends on your adsense settings and whether you have turned off the CPM advertising for yourself.