jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Hi , I would love some feedback on my hubs ----- I think !

1. freecampingaussie profile image45
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone ! I am loving hubpages - the people , great hubs, fun games, great answers .
    I would love some feed back on how I can improve on my hubs so I can earn enough to work while traveling & so my husband doesnt need to work.
    He had a massive heart attack last year so I am hoping this works.
    Thank you in advance to anyone that helps me.
    I do a lot of research so as not to ask repeated questions.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Hi Kris, you're allowed to post links to your Hubs on this thread.

The right etiquette is to choose one or two and ask for feedback, as the idea is to get some detailed help - and it's a bit much to ask other Hubbers to comment on all 28!

So let us know which ones you want us to look at, and we'll be able to do a better job.

Re your other comment - you can make money on HubPages, but unless you're a very quick study, you need to think of it as a long-term investment.  Any kind of online writing - on blogs or on article writing sites - takes time to start earning.  What you do today will yield its best results in a year's time.

Lissie, who's another New Zealand Hubber, has been where you are - trying to develop an online income.  She has a good blog about her journey.
    http://lissowerbutts.com/earning-passiv … me-online/
    So, while Hubbing is good as part of your long-term strategy, if you need money now you need to look at other options too.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about asking questions. There are a lot of experienced Hubbers here ready to help.

I only looked at a few of your hubs, so excuse me if I'm off base with any of this. From what I saw, I think your hubs need to be a bit longer and split up in to several text capsules.

And I see that you're pushing Amazon products, but your hubs (at least the ones I read) are not geared for Amazon and I think you may be losing out on valuable AdSense clicks. IMO, you can't just write a hub and slap up some semi-relevant Amazon ads. It just doesn't work. Full stop.

If you want to write about your experiences or passions, then push the AdSense--meaning maximize the ads' exposure on your hubs. If you want to sell stainless steel pots and pans from Amazon, then sell stainless steel pots and pans. Talk about nothing but the stainless steel pots and pans and their benefits, have a title and URL that draws people in that are looking to buy stainless steel pots and pans, etc.

You're off to a good start though. Good luck!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I second that!  You're also featuring too many Amazon items so the capsule is too long, creating huge white spaces in your Hub. Many people won't scroll down past that to find the rest of your text. 

I have a Hub on optimizing your Hubs (you'll find the link in my profile) - it would be worth using those tips to fix up your existing Hubs.

My other quick tip - if you're hoping to make money, remember ALL your income will come from people outside HubPages.  Writing helpful Hubs for other Hubbers isn't profitable - our community is far too small!  Leave that to experienced Hubbers who have more information to share and want to write a few "non-profit" Hubs to show their appreciation to the site.  If you want to make money, focus on attracting readers from outside HubPages because they're the ones who will pay your bills.

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

First off, Hello & Welcome. smile

I didn't look at your hubs - couldn't get past the profile which was full of errors.

You say you lived somewhere until age.

You give a lot of unnecessary personal information such as: you're a sales rep; you travel with your current husband; you stay at free campsites (so what if they're free?); you have 3 children in different states (What does that mean, and, so what?).  (I don't mean to be rude - it just seems like unnecessary information)

You say you want to earn money from hubbing - while it can be done, it's important to understand it does take time.  I've been here 5 months and haven't earned anything close to a paycheck yet. (last time I checked I'd earned $1.00).  As for good earning hubs I'll have to leave that to someone else - it's not the reason I'm here so I don't have good advice for you.

Good luck!  smile

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Hi freecampingaussie,

I agree with both irohner and marisa -

-You need longer hubs if you want google views (1000+ words if possible.) Quality not quantity.
    -Try and create one large text capsule at the top of each hub with no picture or amazon beside it. This will allow HP to insert an adsense ad in a position that is more likely to be clicked.
    -Also, you should learn a bit about keywords. One of your hubs has a one word title of ways2earnonline and the url is the same. You need to try and insert your keywords in the title and url. No one is going to be typing "ways2earnonline" into a search engine. It's more likely they'll type in "ways to earn money online". 

Check out my hub about writing quality hubs fast for some tips (link on my profile page.)

6. freecampingaussie profile image45
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your help . I have shortened my profile and will add more writing , get rid of some of the Amazon .
    I had read that others have a lot but obviously they have more writing.
    I left school at 14 & am getting tested for ADHD monday which is why I struggle a lot with words so thanks for the help ,
    These are the main ones
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-date-ideas-for-romance  ,
    these have been highest so far.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, check out Hubs by Nelle Hoxie, for instance, and you'll see she has a lot of ads but also a lot of text to go with them.

7. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

On the buying a caravan Hub, is all your writing in one text capsule? 

You need to split it up into at least four or five separate capsules, then you can move your photos and Amazon ads up so they show next to the text, not all down at the bottom.

Read Darkside's Hub on How to Use Capsules here: