jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Not logged in front page

1. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Have you noticed that when not logged in and you go to the hubpages home page, the featured hub is nearly always a half-naked woman hub or a 'how to make money online' hub?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

sometimes I log out to check the front page... yes, I have noticed there are many how to make money hubs featured, often by the same people.  how it is determined what is featured? does anyone know?

3. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

makes sense.. Money and Sex, cant think of anything more popular than that.

The features seem to be based on popularity and Hub Score- high frequency of comments and visits.

When we did the 60Dc, on most days 3 or 4 of the features were from our group.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

well, yeah, money and sex sell. but some of those articles just say the same thing...
    that must be one reason why so many newbies come in thinking they're going to make a boatload of $$.

5. Whitney05 profile image62

I did see something different the other day... vegetarian burgers, but that was a first...

I think it lowers the quality with the half naked women as the first thing seen on the front page.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I agree, but the truth is that's what is most popular here and on the net. Look at the hubs that get the most comments. It's most always about how to make money or sex. And look that the topics in the forums (except for religion and politics) that get the most action, money - sex - addiciton.

On the plus side, your hub doesn't have to be there or about that to make money Whitney (we both have proven that!). And most hub visitors don't enter throught the main page, I bet they go right to hubs.

Unless we form our own goup like sunforged to boost each other to the top page, we'll just have to make do, and I think we're doing great!

7. Whitney05 profile image62

Yes that is true. I'm not concerned with seeing my hubs on the front, but I just always found it odd that those were nearly the only topics on the front.

working